šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

Oh brother. Sheā€™s a beauty :drooling_face::ok_hand:t3:

4 Likes

You powering a buck converter for the lights off the main battery? Wonder if the buck is just drawing too much current when powering the lights is it an issue without remote control of the lights? Some caps on the power out to the lights might help to give them some buffer or more caps on the power into the esc so spikes donā€™t get into the power system so much (do this with quads to clean up the power if getting crappy video signal cause of dirty power going into vtx and/or camera)

2 Likes

@DerelictRobot how do you like those trucks any difference with matrix II?

3 Likes

Well, ask me in a few weeks when Iā€™ve got some decent mileage under my belt.

But if they donā€™t break under normal use theyā€™re already ahead in my books.

5 Likes

Why? Are you breaking Matrix II hangers regularly?

3 Likes

Back in the day, when you were still just a glimmer of hope in your papiā€™s eyes, I had a set of Matrix 2 that just left a lot to be desired in the QC department. Main hole for the set screws wasnā€™t even consistently spaced from hanger end & eventually the baseplate started cracking.

Beyond that, Iā€™ve seen more broken Matrix2 hangers/baseplates than any other channel truck. At least a dozen over the last 2ish years between builders, here, & Facebook. I realize the newer ones have stepped up in quality, but there are better options out there now in my personal opinion.

With said said, Rockstar2, MBS/Kenda Tires, & F5 Bindings are pretty much must-have gear for me, so I am excited to see what new stuff theyā€™re bringing to the market in the future. Matrix2 are just not for me.

3 Likes

This has me making all sorts of considerations.

5 Likes

Do tell?

2 Likes

Iā€™d just like to be chubs and roll out on some of ernestos new hubs before the US goes to war with China over the neobox debacle.

Bill, if you can see this, the 6s I got are yours after my move up north.

4 Likes

You on that wait too eh love?

Theyā€™re going on LC for me.

E-Toxx hubs on the Hyper Haero though

4 Likes

I saw leiā€™s etoxx hubs that weā€™re mildly wide in person, it was good. Brandon has literally put the rubber to the road with widened trampa hubs (metroboard spec), those are great. Daveā€™s wide 150mm tires are around and also look enticing.

I need 200mm tires for my routes. Everything else is okay to pretty good.

3 Likes

Nice ring. You should marry it.

4 Likes

That reminds me, I owe you a ride on these stretched 150ā€™s :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Lol how young do people think I am around here.

Judging from @moonā€™s thread on that hole spacing Itā€™s still not the same spacing from one truck to another.

I havenā€™t used my trucks enough to have an opinion on them and among all
the shiny new hanger and trucks those 3DS hangers are the ones that interest me most. Well thatā€™s if I ever change my opinion on that company.

3 Likes

Mark my words, were gonna start seeing a lot more people building carvers & eMTB over the next year. Some really great options now and in the near future. Just wait until you see what LaCroix has planned. :wink:

The quality of these Fatboy320 is top notch though. I picked up a second pair of them for my Haero eMTB build, just waiting on the new SS gear drive.

Hyperbole darling

5 Likes

I second that :point_up:t3:
Iā€™m loving mine and just like Andrew Iā€™m planning on picking up a second set for my other board

Yes Andres. Iā€™m copying you :fu:t3:

5 Likes

I donā€™t doubt the quality and they would probably be better suited with Etoxxx baseplates than the MBS hangers I am using right nowšŸ˜…

1 Like

But Lithuania shippingā€¦ I dunno, Iā€™ll be happy with yā€™allā€™s And @ahravā€™s handme downs :wink:. Iā€™m probably going to do something strange them any how.

His hexl drop ins have been brilliant.

4 Likes

I know. What are you new here? Thatā€™s your MO

Wait is ā€˜Andresā€™ my street gang name now? Sweet. Iā€™m gonna get it embroidered on a vest.

5 Likes

I heard AndrƩs cut a bitch who forgot to bring a loopkey to a key party.

3 Likes