šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

@abusfullofnuns Iā€™m aware of what a security screws are, Iā€™m just not convinced it would significantly decrease the odds of the thing being jacked. I think youā€™re right in saying heā€™s not trying to go all out on security, so maybe Iā€™m just missing the point. I was just thinking that if someone was actually determined to steal that thing, I doubt that screw would make an ounce of difference.

2 Likes

I tend to agree. Itā€™s kind of cool, but itā€™s much easier to just cut the cord on that lock instead of messing with the screw.

3 Likes

yea, i mean thereā€™s a lot of options really, you could just take off the back trucks, hacksaw that crossbar thing, or like you said, disarm the lock somehow.

I guess if it provides piece of mind, thatā€™s all thatā€™s important though.

1 Like

Guys, this argument is redundant. Iā€™m sure Phil just locks it up like this while he ducks into the pub for a sneaky few.

Chances of some random thief cruising around eith boltcutters/grinder/security torx bits in the short timeframes this board would be left outside are slim.

tenor (1) (16)

9 Likes

Confirmed, I carry a lock pick but no Torx security bits.

Now I know what needs to happenā€¦

6 Likes

Thats sick, beautifull work! How big will the battery box become?

1 Like

:rofl:
Iā€™m sure if you had a cool greens superintendent they would let you it is electric and lighter than a golf cart
I wish I had a esk8 when I worked at TPC Valencia

1 Like

Thereā€™s never really an ā€œanti-theftā€ for anything, itā€™s basically all just theft deterrent. In the mighty words of the Lock Picking Lawyer, anyone who is determined enough will find a way through. Thieves are mainly opportunists, not bank robbers, inconvenience is a wonderful deterrent :joy:. Just my two cents (still donā€™t trust anyone enough to leave my board unattended thoughā€¦)

Edit: I understand your point about the screw and agree partially but itā€™s a simple mod šŸ¤·

5 Likes

Depends which battery I have fitted on any given day.

2 Likes

This is frame twenty-two requesting air strike engagement, target has been located. I repeat, target has been located.

3 Likes

feel free to visit lol

Its just a deterrent to an opportunist.

5 Likes

As promised. Just a little later :rofl:

8 Likes

3 Likes

@3DServisas whatā€™s that? gear puller?

2 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CQPLrbBhch9/?utm_medium=copy_link

Nice build :star_struck:
Are you worried about those motors they look pretty low

5 Likes

i would imagine one up the angle will hit the baseplate?

2 Likes

He has bn adjustables maybe change the degree :thinking:

1 Like

Thanks man!

Yeahhhh I kind of am.
@frame I am going to look into raising them one notch.
As of now though, raising them hits the really long riptide bolts. I am going to cut them down and see if the motors will still hit.
I can always raise the degree of the baseplate, which I might do. However @RipTideSports advised that 50 in the front and 30 in the rear would be optimal.

The 50* in the front actually gets a tad bit of wheel bite, so I might end up either sanding the deck or dropping that to 40*

2 Likes