šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

Fuck that. That doesnā€™t sound like a fun group buy.

In factā€¦ most group buys suck balls. I had a win with the last one I organised, and I think iā€™m gonna retire from GBs on a high note.

3 Likes

@glyphiks Iā€™m not suggesting that you run it, but someone on the forum here with a decent reputation might be interested in organising one for some hubs.

Iā€™d be keen for a pair as well.

Any takers?

2 Likes

I honestly feel like most group buys end with the same resultā€¦ waiting an unreasonably long time to save a miniscule amount of money.

6 Likes

I think it makes sense for vendors however, if theyā€™re already stocking the item in their store and realize they need another 50/100 to hit a price break I think it saves a significant amount of money for the vendor and people involved in the group buy.

1 Like

Yeah Nexus seems to do it pretty well.

3 Likes

Was going to use Ben as an example but didnt want to single him out :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

the day u see me sell them, its the day i quit esk8ā€¦or i have a crazy plan that needs need shit tons of money to do :rofl:

3 Likes

That shit is dope

What do you do with that hole?

4 Likes

USB-C charging, yo

2 Likes

Was just about to ask this! But loving this concept @DerelictRobot :eyes:

(Hole to the right)

4 Likes

Yeah the round shaped one

2 Likes

The power button is recessed into the side, not a hole; a black pushbutton with halo led.

5 Likes

Oh gotcha, you stick your pinky in it, and it turns on :wink:

3 Likes

Is this near completion? :eyes:

2 Likes

Weā€™re riding around on last rev prototypes at the moment, what youā€™re seeing here are the first beta batch parts coming together.

But yes, weā€™re in the process of launching our beta, just finalizing firmware and building out hardware.

10 Likes

fucking killer bored :love_letter:

Give it to me alreadyyyyyy

2 Likes

I thought he was going to put a small led light in it.

1 Like

This didnā€™t load for me, but if itā€™s a video - you want to delete that from the pictures only thread and throw that over here: šŸŽ„ Videos, no words or Skatan will curse you with chunked wheels

:sweat_smile:

3 Likes