🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread_2020_summer

It’s much better here :wink:

1 Like

Is that an external BMS?

3 Likes

That orange and blue board looks like it absolutely hauls. Maybe it’s the slowest thing ever, I have no clue but it looks crazy fast

Ya it is. I use hobby lipos in both my boards and I breakout all of the balance leads so I can charge them slowly with a balance charger. I wanted an option to charge them easily on the go without dealing with the hobby balance charger, so I use an LLT 12S Smart BMS as a kind of portable balance charger. I got the idea from @Andy87 when I saw him doing the same on an IG story.

4 Likes

It’s a Stooge Raceboard so your guess is probably correct.

@MoeStooge

3 Likes

@b264 so… what other spices have you tried :wink: :wink: :wink: a little dried garlic, maybe coriander, red pepper flake??

I only buy spices without full stops in the bullet points. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

that is very cool, you can buy a very fancy BMS to use with all your boards. I would be afraid to mess up the order of the balance leads tho :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Stooge raceboard with an FSAE car??? :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::hot_face:

3 Likes

I am just trying to get couple laps on the board during testing days. :eyes:

3 Likes

What’s them tires?

2 Likes

Those are the CST 7.5 inch (190x50) tires. Unfortunately, they came with the 45 degree valve stem but they’re working fine with the Finality rims. They’re mentioned quite a few times in this thread: 7" Pneumatic tyres options

2 Likes

I love that setup. What’s the connector called that you’re using for the BMS connection?

Ty!

1 Like

@pdscunha what’s up with those photography skills. Those shots looks insane!

1 Like

Thanks!

Been there done that lol This is what happens when cell 6 and 12 are swapped :sweat_smile: No explosion or battery damage so all is good :stuck_out_tongue:

@Regular_Michael, thanks! The connector is a 15 pin D-sub (DB-15). I made a 3D printed she’ll for the BMS side.

2 Likes

I wonder if those two resistors is the only thing that’s damaged. Anyone know other than the resistors, what else lets the magic smoke out when you miswire?

weird. Could’ve sworn I posted in the Reply thread :pensive:

1 Like

Thank you! Good light is pretty much what it makes a good photo.They could look way better if I had my camera with me.

That is the sickest fucking enclosure I’ve ever seen man. wow. great work

2 Likes