šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

Honestly canā€™t really tell. I havenā€™t tried much without it, but itā€™s still slow.

No load speed is up from from 28 to 33 kph with 40A FW current. Itā€™s audibly going a tad bit fasterā€¦ regardless on the road it still feels slow and I donā€™t have logging. I doubt itā€™s even getting near 28 kph, so itā€™s hard to say. 50A FW current on my DDs took no load speed from 39mph to 59mph, I really donā€™t want to test that with my body but 20+ mph I am sure is significantly more noticeable than 2-3mph. I was really hoping 40A FW current on this 6S setup would take 28kph to 45+kph but nope.

3 Likes

@Andy87

Looks awesome! I want to build something like this in the near future. Would you mind sharing a pats list?

1 Like

You can find the build thread here:

I did not update it, but I switched from hubs and dual makerX mini to dual 5565 belt drive and focboxes.

1 Like

Thanks for the link! What kind of trucks are you using on it?

The Torqueboards 218mm trucks.

Itā€™s this one:

Iā€™ll post more pictures and an update to that thread in the coming days. If one of the ESCs hadnā€™t gone bad itā€™d be done by now :confused:

2 Likes

Maybe it scales better with higher voltage? Nothing scientific but your DDā€™s seemed to have better returns with FW and Iā€™m assuming its higher than 6S. Thanks for your results, Iā€™m about to rebuild a board that needs that extra 5-10kmh and I pray I can get it from field weakening although Iā€™m starting to think I will have to find another way.

1 Like

Now this is what Iā€™m talking about! Is this your own build or come off something else?

1 Like

Helped a local with an ecomoble ET do maintenance just cuz I wanted to see inside. Not a fun job, lots of bits and pieces, kinda surprising they think anyone buying prebuilts can do that level of maintenance on their own.

9 Likes

Man I didnā€™t expect all metal to be in there. Dude came over because he just bought the board but the front 2 wheels are pretty wobbly so Iā€™m letting him borrow some bergs until his new ones get delivered. Not a bad looking product at all on the inside.

Any idea the mileage on it?

3 Likes

He was an early buyer. So 6+ months of riding on it when it all came apart. But not sure mileage wise

5 Likes

They showed the regular maintenance can be just running them partially submerged in a water bucket.

I want to think you could mix some simple green in that water but idk

2 Likes

aaaaah yes the good olā€™ planetary system itā€™s rare to see those in smaller sized parts, theyā€™re usually in much bigger and stronger machines like excavators, bulldozers, tanks, etc (most if not all tracked machines)

2 Likes

It was a pretty compact system tbh. With more gear makers going all metal, Iā€™d love to see a diy option. The gear ratios are nice.

Oh shit, flipsky made a cheapo gear drive. This should be interesting

3 Likes

@Boardnamics should make a steel gear upgrade for it.

2 Likes

You assume its plastic already?
I guess thatā€™s fair lol

3 Likes

yeah and like $199 a pair or more

lmao jk just making wild guesses.

looks wise its not to bad though. Hopefully they have a version for trampa wheels too :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Imma guess the flipsky gear drive will only work for their trucks :joy:

2 Likes