šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

Embrace the Metric we use both the imperial and the metric but it depends on what we measure! Or weigh or scale (Canadians will understand)

I do, I really just say that stuff to get ol Brian @b264 worked up :wink:

3 Likes

Oh I fully expected this to be the caseā€¦ hence why I already laid down the groundwork to produce a suitable gasket/riserā€¦

5 Likes

What deck is that?

Always looks so clean at that stage in the build :expressionless:

1 Like

:boom:

And another one gone and another one gone
Another one bites the dust
:musical_note:

2 Likes

Its a beauty

2 Likes

Oh yeah! Now I remember seeing that a while back (and lusting after the Hi5ber Raptor). I havenā€™t been keeping up-to-date.

Iā€™m loving that interface between the enclosure and the deck, @janpom. Youā€™ve turned an issue into a really useful feature! Nice work! :star_struck:

4 Likes

Damn 2 steps ahead, nice!!

2 Likes

the dream team right here :heart_eyes:
Enjoyy

5 Likes

At the risk of being pedantic, the term flat head is being used confusingly here. Flat head is the head shape, whereas as slotted is the god awful drive type.

I only feel the need to correct his because @Savage1 and I had some unnecessarily long and vexing conversations when we first started designing our mounts due to my ignorance of this distinction. He mentioned using ā€œflat head screwsā€ for the handles and I too nearly yaked.

Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.

11 Likes

I appreciate this. I grew up in a philips/flat head family but that was only for describing the tool.

The phrase ā€œflat headā€ became falsely synonymous with the screw in the early 90s when children would fetch screwdrivers for their parents.

I went for a Wikipedia vibe.

9 Likes

Not gonna lie, I had to look that word up

5 Likes

TIL the difference in flathead and slotted head, good info

2 Likes

Total from both?
Btw, what size/kv motors?

1 Like

Must be that. Maytech 6384 200kv

2 Likes

Do they really take 110A each? Wondering what i can bump my 63100ā€™s atā€¦

1 Like

No wayā€¦ Itā€™s gotta only be pulling half that per motor. I was full throttling from a standstill and they were never too hot to hand touch. Iā€™ve had them at 100A forever and bumped them to 110A today and it was a delightful kick!

Iā€™m assuming the esc is rescaling the 10 more max amps to my throttle and thatā€™s why it feels faster on acceleration when I didnā€™t hit that amp limit.

Perhaps @Lee_Wright or @ducktaperules could confirm or correct.

4 Likes

I meaaanā€¦ did you go full thottle from standstill/low speed any time recently? Just seems odd to set it that high if the power is never needed (not judging). Vesc indeed scales the total current on the throttle range in current mode. You would feel 5% more going half throttle in this situation

2 Likes

Yeah I only bumped it to get more take off oomph. I donā€™t think I could physically pull 100A from each side if I tried.

2 Likes

my guess would be that the value seen is a combined value for both motors.

That said it is defiantly possible to pull 100A each. I do it often on my 6384 flipsky motors. Never tried to go higher but i expect it would be very in efficient.

3 Likes