šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

There must exist a proper bolt that fits.

3 Likes

Itā€™s more relevant whether it exists in my workshop than whether it exists outside of it. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Philips are worse IMHO

2 Likes

Than flats??

3 Likes

At least you can use a drill with philips head

I swear to god if anyone takes this as ā€œits literally physically impossible to use with a drillā€ Iā€™m going to lose it

Did someone break into your shop and leave those? Itā€™s unlikely I hope . that you spent your own money on those

5 Likes

:skateboard:

3 Likes

I just canā€™t justify spending $5 on shipping whenever I need a specific bolt so I have to do with whatever the nearby hardware store has. This is how I got these long ago. Much better having them than not having anything at all, especially since itā€™s like 5 screwdriver turns to get them in.

4 Likes

Im just busting your balls broski, I totally get it and have been there before

4 Likes

Youā€™re lucky youā€™re in the EU

Here in the USA, the hardware stores are rather useless because they havenā€™t discovered metric yet.

6 Likes

Embrace the imperial, kills me I have to use damn metric on everything.

2 Likes

FUB (aka imperial / avoirdupois) to me, is just like this, but with different words:

ā€¦and this is coming from someone in the USA. I can only imagine what other countries see.

3 Likes

oh i read this one before, i did find it very funny. its all in what your used too.

It depends. I can definitely say i stripped many phillips heads, but never a flathead. I do however struggle to keep the screwdriver bit inside the grove while turning, especially with an electric screwdriver.

1 Like

use a sanding disc to cut the groove deeper :rofl:

1 Like

thatā€™s not the problem, rather the bit moving to the outside/sliding out.

2 Likes

also at that point i might just get the correct screw :joy:

4 Likes

exactly, u should

2 Likes

Basically this,
but it get even worst when you have to make a convertion: no other choice than to use some random web app,
Then you hit your head on the walls until.you understand that the dot and the coma are not interchangeable and wonā€™t be working the way you intend to

1 Like

Embrace the Metric we use both the imperial and the metric but it depends on what we measure! Or weigh or scale (Canadians will understand)

I do, I really just say that stuff to get ol Brian @b264 worked up :wink:

3 Likes