šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

The plan is battery wise, 12S8P of p42a if DBS can get that to fit in the box if not 7P, going to get 5.20 BN gears and motors Iā€™m still wondering that myself. So many choices of stuff and flip flop HARD.

2 Likes

Nice :call_me_hand: you got your cruiser and a off-road jumping beast :sunglasses:

1 Like

Do itttt. Reminds me I need to get my bro deck swapped on to my jump setup to see what all this hype is about.

2 Likes

Yes please letā€™s us know the difference between your mbs and Bro :call_me_hand:

1 Like

I saw all your pics and decided they all look awesome so I had to see what all the off road hype was about too :metal:

3 Likes

The motors, Iā€™m still deciding on, TB6380 190kv, BN 6384 190kv and flipsky BH 63100 190kv

2 Likes

Mbs deck is staying put. The other board is getting the deck swap :grin:

1 Like

Why 190kv for your mountain board isnā€™t that a little high maybe 170kv @rusins what kv would you use for the Bro

3 Likes

Yeah Iā€™m at 200kv on my mtb and I have to crank the motor amps to get good torque and Iā€™m pretty light. Iā€™d shoot a bit lower if you want ankle breaking torque.

I need the speed

5 Likes

Personally on my mountainboard Iā€™m rocking the highest possible ratio and lowest possible kv because I want to prioritize torque over everything :laughing:

Nothing wrong with 190kv though; gear ratio is what matters most. (his ratio of 5.2 is higher than most anyway) Especially if your ESC can push out more current than your motor can handle ā€“ then higher kv will be slightly more efficient for the motor :slight_smile:

5 Likes

This is good to know thank you :blush:

1 Like

Yeah I run 190kv on my MTB with 6.2 ratio, and thereā€™s no way I can full throttle it from a standstill without flying backwards, even with bindings. Still fast enough for my needs at a max of 28mph.

3 Likes

Like what @rusins said I was trying to find the speed I wanted and with the gearing hopefully still get the torque Iā€™m looking for. I know @Venom121212 you said you a bit less torque with 200kv but you also run 9ā€™s (I thought) with comes into play of that equation too (I think)

Hopefully with 5.20 and 190kv will be my sweet spot of both worlds torque and top end.

4 Likes

Yep, Iā€™m at 5.0 gearing with 8" tires and itā€™s plenty fine for me. I think thatā€™ll treat you juuuust right.

3 Likes

Oh fun haha nice

1 Like

Why not drill and tap one size up? Better than throwing them away or constantly worrying. A small metric tap set with handle can be had very cheap.

The fit isnā€™t ideal on the hanger so maybe something would fit better, or it might just be the tolerances on the truck. Iā€™ve not really looked into my options but the fitment is just so loose without tightening the screws I feel it could be better.

1 Like

And Iā€™d have to tap through the mount hole as well to fit a larger bolt if I redo the threads on the hanger. Thatā€™s a really thick piece of metal for my drill to handle. And it would be really close to an oversize hole as the mount isnā€™t very wide.

2 Likes

Just an idea. If you have better options, like a new mount, thatā€™s probably ideal, but if its stopping you from riding, then thereā€™s many possibilities, like shims. Your drill can probably drill through that mount np with the right bit.

2 Likes

Itā€™s not stopping me, just need to bring a 3mm hex wrench for those little bastards when I notice it getting loose but lately it has been secure though admittedly I havenā€™t been riding as much as I used to. It is annoying to think about and definitely not safe when it does get loose but I can usually tell when it gets loose. I think one big impact would knock it loose but normal riding itā€™s ok generally but thatā€™s not good enough.

I have added a nickel strip as a shim to get the fit better but it doesnā€™t help as much as I thought but it still helps.

I just want a precision mount & truck now.

2 Likes