šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

I would assume there arenā€™t many people making metal decks because of the vibrations you get while riding

I just got one of these but donā€™t have the wheels yet. The slip that it comes with says theyā€™re made of recycled aluminum and plastics

1 Like

Looks good!
Did you put the fg on the bottom end layer?

A few others have been doing it for a while.

threesix downhill [link]
scissorflip [link]
rogers brothers [link]
aluminati boards [link]

These guys are the ones I know of.
I have one from ThreeSix, but I havenā€™t electrified it yet. Iā€™ll have to try it out eventually, though.

4 Likes

Wouldnā€™t aluminum be a poor choice for flexible boards? IIRC thereā€™s a definite fatigue limit to aluminum where it will snap, compared to something like steel which will reach a point where repeated flexing wouldnā€™t degrade it further.

1 Like

Yeah, you wouldnā€™t want to make it flexible.

1 Like

Iā€™m sure iā€™ve seen someone with a red aluminium deck on his build arround here

Edit : nailed it : Onsra 115mm airless wheel quick review.
Thatā€™s a threesix

2 Likes

Fucking rad :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Thanks!. Fg on the bottom for now. Will Fg top too once Iā€™ve installed threaded inserts for enclosure

2 Likes

Amazing how it looks invisible on the second picture, well done mate.

1 Like

Ah yes, I must admit thatā€™s my bad uploading pics out of order. It can look invisible if using clear epoxy as Iā€™ve done another deck like that. This one however will get a few more thin coats and be black.

1 Like

Ahahaha thanks for your honesty.

2 Likes

I have one of those I am riding around. They are super duper solid.

@jack.luis

you can get them cheaper from this dude on instagram if interested.

1 Like

Which would you be most likely to put on one of your builds?

• Left
  • Right

0 voters

5 Likes

I like this. How much?

1 Like

No clue yet. Still in the early prototype phase, but I want to move pretty quick on this project cus I really need a grab handle lol. Ive got a list of interested people about 10 long so far.

1 Like

Add me to the list! Cheers

1 Like

It will hurt your hand if the handle is so slim

1 Like

Thatā€™s what the TPU grip is for :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

There are a few others that have ThreeSix builds that arenā€™t a part of these forums or the other one. Itā€™s why I decided to get one to try out but I have been preoccupied with other projects, so esk8 went on the backburner.

The trickiest part with ThreeSix decks is that a traditional under-deck enclosure isnā€™t going to work if someone wants to go that route. Some guy did a really neat alternative, but his thread disappeared two years ago, on the other forum.

The guy making ThreeSix decks is pretty awesome and responsive to questions. Iā€™m actually interested in getting another deck from him. It does take 3 weeks for him to make it, but if you want a custom paint job you can ask and see if heā€™ll do it, because sometimes he does.

I will say this - itā€™s been mentioned but the guy behind ThreeSix states that his decks are only for downhill and not skate parks nor for doing tricks. This might be a deal-breaker for some.

1 Like

Duck penisis are actually corkscrew shaped, and are extraordinarily lengthy

7 Likes