šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

Lol for real

6 Likes

Epic result, man! Congratulations! :partying_face:

Did everything go as smooth as the photos suggest?

4 Likes

Sort of, kind of, not really :rofl:

The actual infusion was 100% successful, the first one iā€™ve actually nailed.

I did have a hiccup this morning as i managed to puncture the bag in several places and needed to completely replace it :rofl:

Also, the texture from the glass fabric has quite strongly pushed through into the silicone mold on the outside of the enclosure, as well as a couple of pinch points on the inside on the ribs. But this is all easily rectified with a light sand and some paintā€¦ i hope :rofl:

All in all, iā€™m fucking stoked. It worked, i learned more lessons, and i have ideas on how to make the next one better.

Its a long, slow, expensive and arduous experiment trying to nail this process, but I feel I am nearly there :ok_hand:

13 Likes

watching the process has been fascinating mate, trial and error and improving all the time. Have been enjoying the insta stories

6 Likes

Yeah, respect. Iā€™m hugely tempted to have a crack at it but even the cost of the vacuum pump alone is enough to put you off. Good luck with the final rendering. Looking forward to seeing how the Haero enclosure improves on this one! :muscle: :clap:

6 Likes

Now this is a ride Iā€™d love to go on :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

I will organise a groupride here one day, you can fly over :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Honestly though, riding next to the river stressed me out for a bit, ive seen way to many videos of boards launching into rivers and lakes hahaha

5 Likes

actually i like this website (except of the moble version which is full of bugs) i mean it looks like a proffesional/technic website were you buy mechanic parts, full of blueprint and specs and options, and thatā€™s what Iā€™m buying
(I mean, thatā€™s what i would be buying if i wasnā€™t poor)

4 Likes

The only things i donā€™t really like is the information overload, the overinflated descriptions and the bugs on mobile. Beyond that itā€™s just fine.

Iā€™d make the parts selection process a multi-page process though. Similar to checking out in most shops. This way it leaves enough space to put some reasonable descriptions under items, like deck selection letā€™s say, and keeps the amount of information on the screen down a bit

1 Like

The common trap of designing an app/site on a desktop computer and only afterward trying to make it look good on mobile. Itā€™s always going to look like trash. If you design the narrow version first, THEN make the desktop version, great results happen.

6 Likes

I navigate this site in 1/4 of my 4k screen on pc. On smaller screens itā€™s ok but everyone forgets scaling or just assumes nothing beyond 1080p exists

Meanwhile trampaā€™s site just unfolds with all the information it was keeping away on mobile. Itā€™s definetly more usable on pc and actually pleasant to navigate once you get the hang of it

1 Like

Youā€™re in need of a trolley like mine? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Yeah I will probably get tired of carrying at some point :rofl:

2 Likes

Mine will weigh 20-25kg depending on what pack I have on it :jack_o_lantern: (12S8P Nese 8,16kg)

1 Like

This is the exact reason I prefer 1080p screens, small-ish (like 23")

but more of them, like 2 or 3 screens

1 Like

So stealth looking I feel moon and the darknight collaborated together :star_struck:
I regret not getting these :pensive:
I guess Iā€™ll jump on the next batch
@Athrx what ratio are you running :call_me_hand:

1 Like

A friend got 1 ultrawide curved 4k screenā€¦
ā€¦now he wants 2 more for roughly 160Ā° view, + a regular screen for stocks.
I donā€™t want to even begin ranting about how stuff looks on one single ultrawide screen

1 Like

Theyā€™re a thing of beauty indeed!
And fit like a glove with 9 inch wheels

Iā€™m running 4.7 (10T and 47Tā€¦ math lol) with 190kv 63100 motors. Assuming the kv is correct it should reach about 70km/hr while having torque for anything

4 Likes

They look :star_struck: on those GD and hanger
Dude Iā€™m jelly nice bro build :call_me_hand:

1 Like

Iā€™m sorry to let you down, but 9" wheels, 190kv and that ratio absolutely will not rip your shoes off. Itā€™ll be fineā€¦ But not a monster truck.

3 Likes