šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

wooooooot

2 Likes

Thank you, all painted with can spray

1 Like

Yeah, the friends are your best friends. Iā€™ve never had one fail me yet. Nuts or stoppers on the other handā€¦:grimacing: I had 5 in a row pop out on a fall, one finally caught on the underside of an overhang whipping me into the wall and breaking my ankle.

Iā€™ve never been to Margalef?

3 Likes

Damn bro, that sucks. Hope you recovered well :pray:

I donā€™t know, have you? :rofl:
Margalef, Spain. Your profile pic looks awfully like conglomerate :thinking:

2 Likes

:joy: Iā€™ve never been to spain
No, thatā€™s Rifle, Colorado, USA. Itā€™s an awesome place to climb because its got lots of different ratings androck types with trad, sport and even some nice bouldering.

Good eye, it actually is conglomerate.

4 Likes

When the 145s are stuck on a boatā€¦

6 Likes

Oh god I remember this build on Reddit. Man was complaining about only getting 16mph on 6S using an MBoards ESC and battery on 190kv. Also didnā€™t have a drill to redrill the truck mount holes to leave space for the enclosure, so he cut the enclosure instead. Now I think heā€™s trying to switch to 10S to go faster, but the MBoards ESC he got only works for 6S.

5 Likes

IIRC, Heā€™s 15. So props for making what he has happen.
Not ever youngster can be a prodigy like @DEEIF

9 Likes

Thatā€™s way nicer than what I made when I was 15

7 Likes

Honestly for someone whose not on the forum itā€™s pretty good

7 Likes

I was up to NFG @15 y/o :laughing:

5 Likes

Idk, that feels pretty old already to me. At that age you could already enter technical schools and wrench on cars in my area. The focus on STEM these days also helps, especially with middle/high school robotics programs like FRC where itā€™s basically like building an esk8 but more complicated and dangerous, especially whenever pneumatics were involved. We even had CAD classes and a pared down machine shop next to the industrial kitchen classroom in my high school.

Granted, when I was in FRC, I had to teach the younger FTC team to not charge their car battery from the mains using a spool of 24AWG wire, which was fun.

3 Likes

Itā€™s all ones perspective. The internet was barely a thing when I was his age. Ruralā€™ish schools had no such thing as stem, grad standards had barely been introduced. We were barely passed number munchies and Oregon trail(the OG ones) on the decrepit AppleMacs.
Your right though kids(and adults) have mucho information at their fingertips. Yet with all the info/programs out their, not all are equal in their opportunity.
Iā€™m not gonna dog a kid for dipping his toes, no matter how ugly it is.
Iā€™m sure he learned some and didnā€™t spend much $ along the way.

5 Likes

!!! Fucking coolmath4kids.com was one of the only usable sites after they started cracking down on mirror/proxy sites.

Whoa, they stepped up their site. No more shitty flash animations on a mismatched color html page.

2 Likes

All I cared about was girls/ weights/baseball/football/ :thinking: o yeah and a tight fade :rofl:

Stay in school kids

6 Likes

image image

10 Likes

My daughter has never seen broadcast TV or cable.
She only knows youtube, Hulu, prime, Netflix, binge, Plex. Never felt the pain of waiting hours for your favourite show.

5 Likes

Why the heck do I keep thinking your from Spain lmao :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Ha! Wrestling burnt me out on weightlifting by grade 8(probably stunted growth too), then I found otherways to burnout :laughing:

1 Like

Do you remember hit clips? :rofl:

12 Likes