🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread_2020_summer

@Nomad maybe?

Lol. Not mine.

1 Like

This is just an electronics box that’s had the cast lid replaced with carbon and some PC thumbscrews.

bet it weighs a fair amount

3 Likes

Buddy designed me a box his been just making them to fit the assortment of lipos we use.

There’s a inside lip so hard for water to get from there. My xt90 are the only issue for water

5 Likes

@Brently
So dude. What is this thing like to ride?

3 Likes

Oh snap!!!

2 Likes

What happens if you plug the loopkey into the bottom hole by mistake?

1 Like

Like if I reverse them? Pooof maybe. There’s a fuse in there the loop key is on the negative side of the parallel cable I think :thinking:

1 Like

Not sure how far you are into the design, but I don’t know if that’s a great setup. @Andy87 had the same setup and accidentally plugged the loopkey into the battery connector…

I’ve accidentally put a house key in the charge port before.

We’re humans, and we fuck shit up by accident sometimes.

2 Likes

I wasn’t getting after it because I haven’t been on a board in a bit since I’m a fair weather rider now that I wfh (it was finally 60+ F in Jersey today) plus I hadn’t riden the set up yet. However, it feels like it will be really stable and carve pretty good. split angle RKP’s are magic.

board needs a more powerful battery now for sure the 12s3p I have in there right now isn’t enough for what the rig is capable of. I’m putting 155’s on it instead of the 165’s they fill the hub better and should give me less wobble issues. I think the 165’s were a little lobbed/wobbly because they don’t fill the hub lip to lip like a tire should. So hoping the 155’s address this.

3 Likes

Mate, your enclosure recognition skills are seriously impressive. Matthew Kelly wants to talk to you about the next season of You Bet.

3 Likes

That is brilliant. makes me want to buy a new 3d printer.

1 Like

9cdf7f08b2a019b36f8bc86a857aa8e6

6 Likes

triple function loop key design, this one takes the throne :eyes:

3 Likes

Not only maybe.
Very likely big pooof and no board anymore.
Fuse might save you, but I wouldn’t wanna try that out a second time.
Just switch one of the xt90 plugs so that one is male and other female box sides.
No way you can ever fuck up something.

5 Likes

@Saturn_Corp how did you managed to snap that chain?

@janpom Could implement a very small and simple compliant mechanisim that would help locking the key in whichever position its in, so it requires a greater force to push or pull the key. It would need probably 2 or 3 iterations to get it just right but to mee it looks like a good solution.

Edit: Crappy drawing

3 Likes

It already requires quite a bit of force, especially with a new XT90 male connector. The one I have is already pretty worn out and there’s less friction. I had a new one for mocking things up and that one worked really well. Still, even with the worn out one, if you hold the board in the upright position, the gravity on the loop key itself is not enough to close the circuit.

Your diagram is giving me other ideas though. I could add a simple locking mechanism that goes is from the side. Something like this:

Push to lock. Pull to unlock.

Maybe that’s too complicated though. I could just as well make a simple part that I slide on the handle and that will then sit between the handle and the deck and thus prevent the handle from being pushed in.

5 Likes

I think that would be an also elegant solution.

I feel that your loop key it’s pretty unique and that it deserves a cool and elegant way to solve the locking problem, even though that part would be very useful so you could make it and then iterate your design for future updates

2 Likes

@janpom

Pick your toy of choice.
I would be interested to see the big one dead center of the pic, holding against a bearing ball half burrowed into the 3dprint. Also a bit of grease

4 Likes