🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread_2020_summer

Premium Select Heavy Weight Fiberglass Cloth, 24 Oz. Woven Roving, 25" x 72" (2 Yards) 12.5 Sq.Ft. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N2ZP8J4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_A0BEV7VYWKTV81C0B4HQ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Here ya go :+1:

They do fold it strangely, and it screws with the weave; so you can only get about 1-2 decks worth from it.

1 Like

That is thicc af, nice :ok_hand:

1 Like

Soaked up the epoxy nice. Really like the texture of it on the board so far

1 Like

I had it cut

1 Like

Is it still summer 2020?

whoa… @ducktaperules that’s awesome. me want something that nice.

8 Likes

me too. is there an .stl?

2 Likes

I can allready see salt and grime collecting in those cavities. :sweat_smile:
On dry run though, really neat solution.

4 Likes

lol not surprising, gonna have to start watermarking photos

3 Likes

Are those inrunners, and how are they treating you?

Ya hit that sweetspot perfectly :ok_hand: Nice work!
Should slap a MBS sticker on the doors next time.

1 Like

Definitely bringing some more with me next time. That might be a Sean face worthy place. It was so much fun.

9 Likes

Is this for a welder?

2 Likes

@ProfoundMagician yes those are inrunner.
Was just the first ride. It’s lovely. Just need to get some in the right kV.
Those are 360kV and they are nice for carving, but with 9“ and 1:5 gearing it‘s just not enough torque for me.

And the free roll :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

@Andy87 I’m sorry but I gotta do it.

Early spring for me!!!

2 Likes

Wait, what? Certainly those are °C numbers, but it says °F at the top?

It’s been unseasonably warm here recently also, after a massively huge arctic blast for a few weeks.

2 Likes

Yeap same for my parents place. They already started summer season, no Spring needed anymore :joy:
Honestly I can’t complain. Wasn’t too much cold yesterday either. 4 degree C and sunny. I can live with it. Just that shit of sand and salt on the street needs to be gone. Hate to ride in it. Just fucks up everything.

3 Likes

DiY battery back up to fight against public safety power shut offs :sweat_smile: we are anticipating a crazy fire season this winter, so a friend of mine got a 5kw inverter and I am building him a battery to power it

5 Likes

When I had my house in the 'burbs, I had the refrigerator, the modem and router, and a cell phone charger on a 1500W inverter.

But here downtown the power never has gone out, ever, the whole time since I moved.

6 Likes

Nice and smooth! That must have been so satisfying.

4 Likes