šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

Itā€™s a sweet deck, worth mall grabbing the trucks for.
A buddy put a tayto kit on one and its a dream underfoot.

1 Like

But the trucks always have nasty black shit on them that gets on my hands LoL

The handle in front of the front trucks stays surprisingly clean, for being right next to the street.

1 Like

:eyes: thatā€™s actually a not bad idea, i might do that in the future

time for side handle

1 Like

ugh :nauseated_face:

no thanks.

Then the handle gets dirty, itā€™s slow to pick up, hard to go in and out of doors, hard to set it in a shopping cart/trolley, hard to set on the ground, and if you roll over a soda bottle, you donā€™t have a cow catcher on the front to shove it out of the way.

1 Like

You ever thought about a dual use handle/foot-stop molded into the tip of the deck? Could lay-up over it with GF/Fabric or both. Itā€™d be a fun but time consuming project.

ā€‹

3 Likes

Solid, I dig it.

1 Like

I still canā€™t wrap my head around the dimensions of this board. Is it little, like you can one arm it straight out in front of you? Or is it a chonker incognito?

Known reference standards I intrinsically understand are everywhere in the pics, but I still donā€™t know if it weighs 15lbs or 35lbs. 24?

1 Like

Itā€™s like an optical illusion. To me, it looks like a monster truck, and a clown bike at the same timeā€¦

Edit - I still canā€™t get my head around riding something like that with such a short wheelbase on 110s and risers. Iā€™m intrigued.

4 Likes

Itā€™s the size of a popsicle deck but a little wider. You can one-arm out in front of you for 4 seconds or so but idk much longer than that. Long enough to pick it up and manuever it to your side straight-armed.

Just weighed Bigfoot, itā€™s 24.4 lbs (11.1 kg)

1 Like

I get a mining ore truck vibe from it, one of those huge ones.

4 Likes

itā€™s got 130s, not 110s

1 Like

Of course. Even better :ok_hand:

1 Like

Future man.
Arenā€™t those precut tabs freaking awesome!!!

2 Likes

They are fantastic. But iā€™m not sold on 0.2 nickel. Welds had to be fucking hot to make them stick good, and it took me quite a bit longer than usual to get this done.

@BenjaminF is there any consideration for 0.15 tabs in the future?

5 Likes

whatchu welding wif?

1 Like

Yup me too, it will be my next deck once the ChooChoo rebuild is finished :love_you_gesture:

Thinking about keeping light and cheap with a 10s1p; not yet sure about the drivetrain :frowning:

3 Likes

Hm on my kweld, I can do 0.20 mm at only 48 joules for rock solid welds, for reference, thatā€™s half power.

1 Like

Oh and those slots actually help keeping the welds off the centre, neat!

4 Likes

Probably not. These nickel tabs main purpose is for the KitPCBā€™s, where they act as the main series connections. 0.15 wouldnā€™t carry enough current for that, and I dont really have the excess funds to invest in another SKU of nickel right now.

Maybe someday, if there is demand. Or you could just stop pussyfooting around with your welder, Al :kissing_heart:

6 Likes