šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

You maintain an admirable level of dickishness at all times. I could learn from you.

3 Likes

Well shit, may have to hit you up on that. How are they testing out?
Shit, I still think youā€™re fucking with me lol.

1 Like

Many years of disappointment to get where Iā€™m at now.

1 Like

Cells are testing well. Only like 100 maybe 200 were bad.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not a huge guy, but I am 6,2, so the board is somewhat small for me, in general as a build itā€™s great, really light, great rolling, should be watertight. Running 10s2p 30q pack, at 15 battery amps only, so really interested to see the capable range.

2 Likes

@Lobap love the look. What did you use as griptape? Is it a spray one?

2 Likes

Itā€™s Raptor bedliner on first layers (and the enclosure, black colour) then 2 layers of texturized spray (grey/anthracite) for fences :laughing:

I still have to glassfrit the top but I guess it will be quite stealth due to the rugosity of the surface as it is now.

Edit: please God forgive me for using something that contains Raptor on its name again

3 Likes

Ahahah
Nice I used similar product for a integrated deck as well. Itā€™s a nice sturdy coat. The combination with the raw truck is crazy good.
What drive train are you gonna use?

2 Likes

Yep i also added a 6mm neoprene stripe just before spraying the Raptor so it looks like integrated with the deck + 5mm regular neoprene gasket (which will get compressed when bolted so it wonā€™t be 11mm, more like 7-8mm). I need to raise the enclosure as a brand new 10s3p with fat p42a cells is coming from @pjotr47

For the drivetrain Iā€™m also waiting for @3DServisas v5 urethane helical in raw, of course :heart_eyes:

Donā€™t forget your Hammock baseplates are also there :love_you_gesture:

Edit: Shit the colours seem the same depending on light but deck + heatsink are anthracite and the enclosure is black.

8 Likes

Great plan. I really like it. Looks super high quality.

2 Likes

It doesnā€™t look like your axle nut is fully engaged. Careful you donā€™t lose a wheel while riding

Edit: @worldismine772 replied to the wrong reply

2 Likes

is the case for the gear drive only 4mm off the ground?

i have been wanting to try the BN gears, but have not opened my heart to the idea of using them with Caguamas as i was worried about clearance.

2 Likes

it is by like 0.01mm :frowning: I donā€™t want to over tighten

do you know if there are axle nuts with less width?

Do you have at least one full 360 degree turn after the nylon starts to bite?

1 Like

yes I believe so, the nylon is fully on the axle, with abouttttt 0.1-0.3mm of axle after the nylon

1 Like

My rule of thumb is at least one FULL turn and preferably two after you feel the nylon grab, and it makes me feel safe

Less than a full turn, I donā€™t ride

2 Likes

these are 6.8mm thick, I just found 6mm ones I can order, will get some

are your kegel adapters fully engaged? Iā€™ve noticed that the BN kegel adapter is pretty tight on certain holes in my TB110 cores. takes some pressure to get fully engaged. Iā€™ve got BN270s, these gear drives, and 110s, and have plenty of thread for axle nuts.

1 Like

if you donā€™t mind, can you take a pic of how deep the kegel core spokes come into the wheel? it seems fully engaged