šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

Well, at least they didnā€™t misspell enhancement. :slight_smile:

Are you planning on cutting it to the desired width? I was just shopping for that stuff and considering doing that

yeah when needed but was going to see how it will hold a battery box on my deck. Velcro is good but the adhesive just fades after riding in rain/snow

3 Likes

That thing is a pain to clean tho

Ugh, try not to.

Cutting it leave little slivers of the paper backing stuck to it which is a pain in the asshole.

I mean, I have to cut mine in half but when I buy again Iā€™m looking for some narrower.

3mm x 3mm would be fucking awesome but I doubt such thin ropes will be available.

2 Likes

Do you keep the broken belts or do you throw em away

4 Likes

I bet your motor pulleys were made by Ginsu.

4 Likes

The Unity super single is chowing down on these belts

4 Likes

I havenā€™t kept them until recently

2 Likes

Time to accept your fate and get gears :wink:

8 Likes

I tried to make this one gears but the Boardnamics gears I have arenā€™t the right ratio for 130mm wheels and I wonā€™t entertain any non-steel options anymore.

3 Likes

10s and the right kv will make it

1 Like

Low Kv motors donā€™t work as well on HFI and unsensored.

Chains are the answer, I think.

4 Likes

Itā€™s been there a whileā€¦ Pretty dumb

3 Likes

@bboybowzer You can order the good tape measures online. If you try to buy one in-person, they only have those shitty all FUB models.

1 Like

You donā€™t like harbor freight? Haha

https://www.amazon.com/Komelon-4912IM-Professional-12-Foot-Metric/dp/B000CFJB08/ref=sr_1_3

1 Like

The day I went to Home Depot to get a tape measure, and they had over 75 all-FUB models and zero that could use modern measurement systems, and I had to leave empty-handed and order one online anyway ā€” thatā€™s the moment I decided that I donā€™t care if they go out of business and Iā€™m doing all my shopping online from then on.

Itā€™s outright disrespectful.

6 Likes

@wapkoen Where did you get these?

Hey the HF measuring tapes are almost always free with any purchase, and Iā€™m not complaining about free stuff.