🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread_2020_summer

The story is, that I wanted to have a slim board with all the elctronics integrated inside, in a slightly unusual shape made of wood. Spoiler: didn’t work out.

Milling it out of one piece of beautiful wood exceeded my DIY possibilities and purse by far. So the compromise was a sandwich board made of 3 layers:

1. Top: birch multiplex reinforced with 3 fibreglass layers, covered by a foil in a more beautiful wooden design
  2. Center: watercut aluminium frame (perfect rough template for cutting everything else in shape with DIY tools, way cheaper and more stable than cnc milled excotic wood)
  3. Bottom: fibreglass box for the necessary cavity directly laminated onto the aluminium frame, covered by a foil in wooden design.

I know, I know, that’s fake wood but that was the only way for me to achieve it more or less completely on my own. And look at the beautiful dark apple birch chocolate wood :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Very cool. Hope you do a full build thread on this.

3 Likes

No one noticed the subtile REDUNDANCY joke!?
:rofl::100:

1 Like

Hadn’t even realized that, Brian will start to cut every belt in half so it’s harder for both to rupture at the same time

3 Likes

Promised :v:

1 Like

What reason did they give?

It was posted from an other group and doesn’t comply w the rules

@torqueboards Dex please :cry:

3 Likes

I feel envy and a bulge in my pants at the same time

4 Likes

@Taraskasyanyuk how much for sale? i can offer name of my first born

2 Likes

Lmaooo, will probably be for sale later, but I want to enjoy em :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

why does it look so awkward with those… i think they too big. @DEXBOARDS please make 120s!!!

2 Likes

Is it an Ultraboard though? If not, we need to go BIGGER

4 Likes

Ultraboard confirmed.

11 Likes

Lmao he might as well make every number from 110-150 :rofl:

@torqueboards get on it

4 Likes

Oh my god dude that is an incredible amount of urethane

1 Like

It’s sad I won’t be able to ride it until this white shit outside melts

1 Like