šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

What amp/dac are you getting?

Schiit Magnius and Modius, its gonna take a smooth minute since one of them backordered

2 Likes

what crimper did you use for the main battery terminals?

1 Like

I didnā€™t dudeā€¦ I stuck both the main wires and the charging wires in the larger terminal and filled that bitch with solderā€¦

5 Likes

Beautiful!!.. I was wondering if it was ok to just use solder. Thx for the pics as well. I will be attempting my first battery build soon. Waiting on parts.

2 Likes

This PCB kit makes it sooooo much more betterā€¦

You saw Benā€™s guide right?

2 Likes

Oh yeah, that kit will be my 2nd battery build. Iā€™m doing a NESE build to build my confidence before I move onto spot welding and soldering.

2 Likes

Havenā€™t quite understood. Itā€™s a portable battery pack for charging? I havenā€™t understood what the big buck type thing is :smiley:

2 Likes

10s3p of some old 2.2Ah cells I had with a 20A boost converter to output CCCV. Right now its set at 42V but the output can range from 42-100V. Charging current is set to around 8A which should charge the lipos in my little boosted clone in 40 minutes.

Its mainly for when Iā€™m riding in town with my friend. He usually gets 12 miles out of the 5Ah pack in the board. We usually take a break and eat something and by the time thatā€™s done the board should be charged. Its pretty small and light. Not designed to be a charge and ride but could be with a strap and a 90 degree cable on the board side.

2 Likes

At 8 amps current you might want a fan in there. My experience with boost/bucks converters is they get hot. And like to burn out in enclosed spaces

3 Likes

How do you like those motors?

1 Like

As a heavy user of 5Ah packs, thatā€™s a lot of miles. He must be really light. 7-8 miles is about where I top out when riding gentle. 5 miles riding hard. But Iā€™m also fat.

I am hoping to get away without a fan for now, the heatsink on it currently is pretty beefy just gets a little warm. Its rated for 1200W and Iā€™m only using ~330W. Also with only a few volts difference between input/output it is fairly efficient.

I have in my metr logs from my trampa (my ride) our rides max out at around 11.85 miles before the lipos in the other board hit the 3.5v cut off. He weighs around 185lbs. The board is dual 5055 geared for 22.5 mph with 45A total batt max running 2x Zippy 5s 5Ah lipos. The area is mostly flat which definitely helps. I believe it was getting around 16Wh/mi when he rides it and around 12Wh/mi when my sister(significantly lighter) rides it. Maybe its that hard as a rock urethaneā€¦

2 Likes

Orā€¦

Rides mostly downhill.

1 Like

I love those roads that are downhill both ways :rofl:

4 Likes

Orā€¦maybe someone is not leanā€¦

2 Likes

it looks like they are using the cheap welder tips not the nice Kweld ones. Wonder if that is for good reason or what.

if I did this I would try to use them but perhaps they are too large/the rounded ends need to be rotated because they donā€™t get obliterated like the smaller ones and more need resurfacing than replacement.

2 Likes

this motor ainā€™t bad, it just rebrand of APS motor

1 Like

:joy: Got used to it :rofl:

1 Like