🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread_2020_summer

I have more than enough hate for mBoreds for all three of us… but more mBored hate is always welcome

1 Like

I promise you, in the future I won’t deliver that much packages at once. And I will replace that cardboard box as soon as these polish handworkers drill the holes in the deck…
Im too afraid to do it myself.

Couldn’t resist riding around already :confused:

Those axial fuses are only available up to 15A and the local electronics store only has up to 10A. I thought I would be able to keep it small with the axial fuses but it didn’t really work out the way I have imagined. What Roman has done makes a whole lot more sense. Thanks for the link. I think that will be my v2.

1 Like

I cant find the exacly same but this one is similar
ISK 74,342 | 72v 3000w Electric Bike Motor DC Brushless Fatbike Hub Motor Wheel 20/26in Ebike Conversion Kit Fat Bike Motor Wheel Snowmobile

2 Likes

mum im running away forever starter pack.

2 Likes

Do this

2 Likes

You can do a lot of things if you have a real phone. Having an iTurd is another story :rofl:

3 Likes

Haha, but before that, I have to send out packages. :eyes:

@kubbur Thanks Kristofer!

1 Like

Can this just be “handworkers” from now on?

1 Like

What did you use?

I made this really slow lathe for my wife to do acrylic pouring on cups:

And considered putting my motor axles in and brushing in a viscous epoxy.

I worried about getting the magnets covered though and wasn’t sure what a thin film of epoxy might affect.

5 Likes

It’s West System 650 epoxy with System Three Silica Thickener in some places and a custom machined 53.75mm⌀ insert that I slathered with vegetable oil. It’s 1.2mm bigger than the stator and fits lightly-snug in a 63xx rotor that hasn’t been hardened. It’s difficult, because you have to turn the insert a couple times during the curing process to keep it un-stuck from the epoxy, and that’s being covered in vegetable oil also.

3 Likes

A slow-lathe turner thingy would so extremely useful for me. Surprised I haven’t made one. Not enough space, if I had space for that, I’d have space for spot-welding equipment :rofl:

5 Likes

I’ve been thinking about using a THICC balloon/condom, (ribbed for her pleasure) and using some expanding foam to make it conform to the magnets…

2 Likes

Epoxy…? Isn’t that kinda risky to make a board out of?

1 Like

Don’t know Bro. That’s what he using? But there are other ton of manufacturers who had similar building techniques applying diverse methods for glossyness… 1166 Longboards, 313 Skateboards, Antidote Longboards, etc…

images

10 Likes

It looks like bits of wood cast in a block of epoxy, like a river table…I am not by any means an expert but it seems like a weak point

It’s fucking cool though, I want to make one so bad

4 Likes

Wood glue is stronger than most of the woods it goes on. I think properly applied epoxy would be fine given how porous wood normally is.

4 Likes

I can only get so erect!!!

someone has been peeking into the inner-sanctum of k00kdom…

8 Likes

Yeah, that thing is a cream dream. I used to think this was cool:

But now want orange one.

8 Likes