🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread_2020_summer

Haha yea, just 1cm in finger from carpet knife trying to hard on cutting heatshrink with glue

4 Likes

Lol damn, that power can kill a man.

3 Likes

Very interesting setup. Looks to be mostly 3D printed, you’ll have to let us know how it holds up

4 Likes

Oh, that’s double stack, that was confusing

1 Like

As I designed it myselt this is just a prototype to make sure my dimensions are correct. And oh boy am I glad that I 3D printed this parts, because this is at least veesion 9 :smiley:
Next step is to manufacture it from aluminium.

3 Likes

How is that XT port holder thing? Think it’s worth buying?

4 Likes

I know you’re not asking me, but I have one and yes it’s worth it. Have come to hate helping hands of all varieties. Hot-glued it to the table and has worked out well.

7 Likes

Dope, now I’ll buy it lol

1 Like

It feels nice and solid. It’s a large heat sink too so should help those hot connectors stay cooler while soldering.

I hate it when my alligator clips on my helping hand loses grip and drops a scorching connector on my lap.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074TPJ9SL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_ulK5FbNT7Q05R

5 Likes

Preach.

2 Likes

Itz even much more worth it when your wife or girlfriend bought this for you building moaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar skateboards. :hugs:
@Venom121212 Super cute, Justin, you managed to get her a new Skateboard :raised_hands: :grinning:

3 Likes

That’s the worst.

4 Likes

I wanted to convert it to electric before she opened it but I knew she’d walk in on me with a pink and gold skateboard and know it was for her :joy:

3 Likes

hahaaha, beautiful ahhahaha and you did a foto of her in her “Not leaving home dress” hahhahaha

3 Likes

Those mud guards look great! How many miles have you put on them? Are they holding up well?

Here is the video they made. Definitely did some damage.

6 Likes

Thanks! I don’t do miles :wink: but I’m guessing I have close to 200 km on them and they are holding up well. They also really help a lot keeping the water/mud out of my enclosure and my clothes when roads are wet (which is frequent in the Autumn here).

1 Like

Awesome, I would love to try and give these a go, are you sharing the stl’s?

Wow that’s crazy. Guess it goes to show when you record for a company, you gotta check all them P’s and Q’s

On one hand, very cool video, other hand, bad move Evolve.

5 Likes

Damn. I know some people hate them but evolve has always been really good to me. Like the only brand pre-build company I can say that about.