šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

The fucking supports did not like my tapeā€¦they fucked me over and blocked the x axis. Got a marvelous layer shift

2 Likes

what material

Simple pla

1 Like

ouch
what happened in the first place that caused it

Vibrations are bad with this print. Alot of very small zigzags that cause the big support block to unstick and start warping with the heat creeps.

1 Like

I thought was a burrito wrap. ugh, heal up @glyphiks. You can put a proper hurt on that horse when youā€™re better.

2 Likes

Holy shit, I just figured out thatā€™s a tattoo! Aww hell naw :sob:

2 Likes

I mean, it could be?

2 Likes

This is probably only funny to me but I hear that in the tone of the blues brothers line:

weā€™re putting the band back together

Weā€™re on a mission from god

5 Likes

LMAO :rofl:

1 Like

Have you tried making a simple enclosure out of cardboard? I recently had a bit of peeling on a big print and used scrap cardboard with a clear window to keep the temp even.

3 Likes

3600 for a day its like hotel in Abu Dabi but with better view

so when you live hospital and you see invoice next to do is shoot yourself in a head

3 Likes

That flux hits right in the feels :heart_eyes:
Is that a skin or griptape?

4 Likes

Thanks dude.
It is grip tape from splattergoat.

6 Likes

They make such nice stuff

2 Likes

Guess I need to check mine now too lol

8 Likes

Probably a good idea. BTW I didnt mean to post mine as a response to yours haha. Your post popped up as I was clicking the button on mine. Not calling you out, just a coincidence :sweat_smile:

This is brand new out of the box. A customer sent it to me to change the MR60 to bullets and to put the proper XT90 on. Pretty lame that Jason cant even get decent soldering on his ā€œupgradedā€ modelā€¦

Plus those connectors look like they got dug out of the spare parts bin in the basement of the Enertion MassiveWanker headquarters.

@Mawzie Iā€™ll be fixing those solder joints for you when I put the proper connectors on. Iā€™ll also check the soldering on the PCB to make sure those are solid, and re-do them if needed. I inspected the PCB and I couldnā€™t see any solder balls or poorly mounted SMT components, so the PCB house seems to still be doing their job well. Just the final assembly team who needs better QC.

9 Likes

Lol thatā€™s fine, it was kind of funny.

Mine is also brand new as shown, and in the new pics I posted you can see that mine is also a bit below par. My connectors do look new, the damage is from me wrenching the back shells off lol

This came from factory in shenzhen using FedEx. I was impressed how quickly it came. Order was entered into their system on the 10th and I got it today, the 14th

Iā€™m gonna send the pics to Jason and see what he thinks

I donā€™t think any of the joints would actually break, but it really isnā€™t to the quality of soldering that Iā€™d do myself

3 Likes

I gave all of these here a good tug and they are all solid. But not what I would call a ā€œproper electrical connectionā€ for some thing that will be carrying more than 80A at times.

2 Likes

they canā€™t even get that right smh

2 Likes