šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

Totally makes sense and I agree with your motions. I wouldnā€™t send a battery pack to anyone with a male connector either. Too easy for the end user to screw it up

1 Like

I honestly donā€™t even know what kind of settings to expect to be able to push on the Unity

On my Go-Foc Retro with an equivalent heat sink, I get heat soaked at 50a battery per side within like 5 minutes of doing hills when itā€™s cool out

What are people running their unities at?

Iā€™ve got one of those pack u talking about :rofl:

1 Like

be careful with your keys around it :joy:

1 Like

iā€™ve already made a female to female adapter, ziptied and heatshrinked together, they arenā€™t going anywhere

3 Likes

Its hard to tell without dry-fitting the parts, I gave up.When the motors die, replacement will be another truck type.
Now I can say I built the board for my son :innocent: . Its new and expensive so heā€™ll be happy. I hope. All fine, he loves cruising, long straight ends, now he probably will learn to make turns.
Thanks for the help anyways.

2 Likes

Yeah, was just a bit mental science to nowhere :joy: :smiley:

I remember the first time i tried to solder a connector onto a battery.
It had an xt90 and I was putting an xt60 on

And yeah. I had the helping hands holding both sides of the xt60 connectors and the sparks that flew were pretty spectacularā€¦

2 Likes

No, thatā€™s not me. But that dude is taking impressive photos of my skate park.

10 Likes

The ripped jeans were a dead giveaway :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

On an Esk8 the whole world really turns into one big playground (for old men)
Its insane.

4 Likes

Only old if you count our rings, the heart stays young with help from youthful activities.

2 Likes

Trying out a 500S pack in February, were you?

6 Likes

See if anyone can tell me what esk8 part this actually is.

3 Likes

Looks like you were pouring epoxy around the XT-90 a loop key goes into, but forgot to seal the hole in the back and epoxy got through to the bullets :laughing:

3 Likes

Youā€™re mighty close.

Itā€™s an XT30 and there are two colors of epoxy there. When I put the second epoxy on I thought the hole was sealed up but it wasnā€™t and it got into the inside of the XT30 connector. So I sawed it out and you can see a cross-section of it, including the fishpaper on top and the wire that was soldered to the pin :rofl:

5 Likes

Good luck brother :rofl::rofl:

9 Likes

1 was going to fail eventually. There isnā€™t an ESC in existence which hasnā€™t had a single failure, at least spintend know how to solder

7 Likes

No thatā€™s the black one they come in silver or black.:grin:

1 Like

Lol the XT-90 soldering was worse than the mr60s

3 Likes