🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread_2020_summer

Everybody gets one.

2 Likes

The size though. And the sensorless startup.
A dual will push up to 300A peak and i’m sure that is a thermal limit, not something that blows the controller (and even if it does blow, they fix it?)

These will kinda run dual 63100’s with a good heatsink. At this size, what else comes close?

Is this is just marketing speak for the HFI sensor mode, which any VESC has?

1 Like

But they have a new sensorless startup though? Hardware limited, needs quite a few extra uart channels and a better processor. I thought this has been discussed in detail already here

2 Likes

I’ll be really interested to see how this thing performs thermally. My guess is it will be like 40A battery cont/side.

You’re right

1 Like

Yah it’s good enough once it’s zip tied down tight. It’s not hard to see where I put it as it’s angled up and out, to where any car drivers should see it easily. My motors don’t get in the way but maybe on some other boards you would need to put it in a different spot.

ASS READY

5 Likes

@trampa made it sound like these were going to be less expensive, partially because of the reduced footprint. Looks like that was false

EDIT: my rough calculations say the HD is 53% of the area of the vesc 6 mk 6. Both have ASS startup but the HD can only handle 5 amps less continuous. It’s only £15 cheaper… can still get a dual ESC elsewhere for the price of 1 Trampa Vesc

6 Likes

well, acounting for inflation… just kidding :smiley: its still trampa, not sure if cheaper than 60D/makerx/unity would be possible

Math is hard man comon

5 Likes

“smallest Vesc yet!” i feel like to be fair it should be written “smallest Vesc yet, but not smallest VESC compatible ESC” or something simillar

It’s maybe tedious but the way it is, it sounds like some kind of low grade marketing based on some obscure legal definition word play…

EDIT : i felt bad so i checked myself, it’s pretty much one of the smallest though, i think the maker-x dual was a bit smaller ?

2 Likes

w/e, it’s the smallest they’ve made. They live in Trampa land, they talk in Trampa land.
Check out this tiny matchech vesc 65x20x7or8. https://maytech.cn/collections/speed-controllers/products/copy-of-maytech-new-72v-vesc-controller-mtsvesc7-5r-round-vesc-based-on-vesc6-0-hardware-for-electric-skateboard-longboard

The 75A cont rating doesn’t mean much. Show me what it can do @ 95% duty on both channels for more than 30s w/o throttling.

edit: maker-x dual is 77x62x22.

5 Likes

seriously i was myself ready for war,
but we can’t compare bananas with potatoes,
what’s the smallest dual (v)ESC capable of at least 50A with the dissipator included ?

yeah it’s really difficult to say which one is smaller xD
the maker x has a smaller surface, but this one has an overall smaller volume

Wtf, I thought Trampa was on the side of nothing between the battery and ESC; no fuse, no BMS. Then this all of a sudden?

2 Likes

I’m thinking that’s for charging

That’s a design from vesc forum even the creator said no more than 30 amps, they must troll that forum looking for Gerber’s. Maytech are the worst at thermals they even had to offer a PC CPU fan for their 200 amp. Epic Fail

2 Likes

Yeah, with no heat dissipation, I’d expect it to be similar to the old 4.12s. Still think it would be in the ballpark size-wise with two vescs and a heat sink.

2 Likes

All Trampa monster box wiring was including midi fuses always as far as I know off.
That’s nothing new.

They are slow blow fuses by the way and 50A for each side is a good choice as they can handle round about the double for some seconds. Could find the data sheet again if it’s interesting for somebody

3 Likes