🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread_2020_summer

for a reasonable price imo

7 Likes

Funny, that’s not the price showing on this side of the pond

2 Likes

This thing must be tiny that’s a xt60. pulling 150 amps through a 60 amp connector, what could go wrong.
2 for that price would be a good price.

2020_11_04_22_04_49

8 Likes

Dont be missinformed. 75A is constant current, 150A is a peak value. I bet you could pull 9000A through it for a microsecond.

And yes the build size is very impressive, feels real sturdy when you hold it. I have yet to test one however.

8 Likes

by a shill?

7 Likes

XT60 are fine for ESC power connectors, 60A continuous and much higher peak values for short moments

1 Like

Genuine XT60 are tested up to 100 amps without issue, problem is china likes to substitute parts. See Creality XT60 fires.

3 Likes

Guess I can’t post this often enough

Quality xt60 plugs can definitely handle some good amount of current in my opinion

4 Likes

That was not only caused by shitty plugs but also because they crimped the wires on instead of soldering them

5 Likes

Let me draw attention to this

aka “Amass brand” not the fake copies of the real ones

5 Likes

It may be ok but why take the risk for 30c more xt90 is a better fit. Even twatter has started using xt90S.

You will very likely run into thermal throttling before the xt60 would meld.
Not to forget most will run dual anyway, so the current will be split to two xt60.

It will be fiiiine like it was on the unity too :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Smaller, easier to solder, lighter, more compact, and I personally never need an XT90 for a single ESC. For a pair, maybe.

They also have bigger ESCs in-stock which I’m sure don’t use XT60, if that’s your thing.

I kind of want these. Despite the connector. Its perfect for a short board stealth build. over 2 ESC current wouldn’t be so bad.

2 Likes

im quite interested in the compact size of that trampa hd60. just a shame that frank is an asshat.

3 Likes

An XT60 may be ‘cause for concern’ in a dual controller, but in a single ESC it’s more than adequate. How many people are pulling 150 phase amps per side for even a second…

Ok maybe @Arzamenable

4 Likes

Even minus the VAT, thats a fucking expensive single controller.

Is this ASS shit HW or FW based?

3 Likes

Oh, first time I got confused between the two threads :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Can’t imagine there will be too many buyers @ almost $450 USD for a pair of 60V VESCS that probably can’t outperform a Unity watt for watt. 2x 75V/100s are less.

I only want it if it says “ASS READY” in big letters across the entire dual controller.

6 Likes

Everybody gets one.

2 Likes