šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

Looking forward to it

Wish I had pictures of the puddles Iā€™ve ridden with my first board, when conformal coat was not in my vocabulary and waterproofing meant a poorly done bead of hot glue around the enclosure.

Conformal coating is so 2019

I found butyl tape now :rofl:

Seriously itā€™s awesome

2 Likes

Use something like that for so long and never had any water damage :smiley:

2 Likes

So you just seal the enclosure and do nothing with the internals now? Who are you? What did you do with the real @b264?

3 Likes

Definitely!
Till the moment the puddle suddenly drops to 50cmā€¦ :sweat_smile::joy::joy:

I could go as deep as the esc box, then I wouldnā€™t trust it to go further at the current state, but I have lots of sikaflex laying around here, so if you really want to challenge me :sweat_smile: I could get ready for everything in some days :thinking:

1 Like

Yeah basically

And seal the motors, oil them and keep extra bearings in-stock, and donā€™t use sensors.

And have ZERO wires exiting the enclosure. Thatā€™s a big one.

3 Likes

Dude Iā€™m always jealous of this build. Iā€™m guessing youā€™ve said this elsewhere butā€¦ what kind of gear drives are those? Lacroix branded? Did they release their gear drives?

1 Like

Thanks! Early prototype my friend. :wink:

I canā€™t speak towards availability/timeline on them.

2 Likes

Awesoooooome :smiley: they look rad as fuck on that build!

1 Like

Am I fucked or did that right can move?

6 Likes

Fun fact,

That results in a full motor lockup :expressionless:

5 Likes

Sooo the build is going great?

3 Likes

Aside from thatā€¦ Yes

Iā€™m assuming a circlip just fell off but Iā€™m too drunk to diagnose. Spaceship costume offered minimal protection.

8 Likes

Oh shit how bad was it?

I was only going about 15 mph because there were kids trick or treating but still awkward. No real damage though.

Space ship is crashed though haha

2 Likes

Whatā€™s that ??

5 Likes

:man_shrugging::man_shrugging: Not a clue used to be a pocket bike :joy: and he just said he threw stuff together and this hAppened.

Dude was moving pretty well with it tho. :eyes:

4 Likes

Looks like it could be noice for a sand rider

Oh shit, i thought it was some sort of high precision gps anthena like we have on proffesional drones, but now i see itā€™s what remaines of the bike handle XD

3 Likes

I had a similar thing but much less noticeable turned out the motor resin was faulty and the starter was not fixed to the motor plate. Phase wires broke down and it blew 4 vescs over several months. Several messages to the vender who blaming VESCā€™s adventerly agreed to take a look at it sent it back the motor to the vender on this forum. said it was fine then when I worked out the issue refused to replace it as itā€™s over 3 months. (Conveniently PayPalā€™s claim window not even the legal Minimum window of the country)

That same Reseller justifies there higher cost because thay deal with people and fix issues better than the manufacture. Manufacturing wonā€™t deal with it as thay were soled to a reseller so there expensive paper weights.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll laugh my ass off if you tell me this was trampa