šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

Would it not be worth sealing each box independent of the deck? like 1mm more for much greater protection

what do you mean? theres room in each for atleast 12 18650s. and i gave em all extra depth so i can try to put a rubber mat underneath and screw in a bit tighter onto it for a better seal. holes on the sides will eventually become some sort of dual cable gasket (+balance but who cares)

1 Like

or did you mean making a floor to each ā€˜ā€˜boxā€™ā€™?

edit: okay im off to bed, thx for making my adhd brain go haywire with the floor idea

1 Like

rubber mat that seals the bottom makes sense

sleep fast and skate sleep bro!

Breaking belts is a funny thing. I can go months or years without any belt problems whatsoever.

Then one day, bam!! a belt breaks, the next day another new one breaks on the same skate, two days later another one breaksā€¦on the same skateā€¦ then the new belt lasts for a year and a half.

And some belts just never break or wear out.

I havenā€™t figured out this sorcery yet.

The only thing Iā€™m certain is bad for belts, is snow packing on the wheel pulleys, that will snap a belt in seconds.

Everything else is :crazy_face: LoL.zz

3 Likes

were you interested in the sealed belt concept? or is gears just more worth the extra cost?
I think the latter.

it would be cool to see the belt sealing be something you could DIY on some precision mounts.

I really havenā€™t had many belt problems due to contaminants (eg. rocks) entering the drivetrain. Usually they just feed through and out the other side. A few, yes. Many? No. I personally donā€™t feel like a sealed belt system is worth it. But it might be. Iā€™ve cut belts off before to limp home on a single motor and sealed belts in that case would suck.

1 Like

You throwing it in the trash? Iā€™ll give you my trashcanā€™s address

Guess I could add one of these in my queue for you, but itā€™ll wait till I have new rolls of filament

2 Likes

Lol you thought itā€™ll be an experience dummy lol iā€™m gonna get the same mosfet desolder the broken one then resolder the new one see if it works and if not just gonna get a new 3d printer like i said or a new and better control board.

Looking fancy lol if it fits a flipshit 6.6 (not the smaller version) I sure would want one :grin::joy:

Itā€™s the 6.6+ youā€™re looking for? This is the one you linked

1 Like

No the 6.6+ is the smaller one I was talking about, I have the 6.6 periodt

1 Like

Well Iā€™m currently pretty much out of filament and about to jump on transparent pla for my friendā€™s truck logo project. So dm me with all the info of how youā€™d like to proceed. Iā€™m intensely busy these days so the more detailed info the better :smiley:

1 Like

Damn thatā€™s crunchy as hell bro! :drooling_face:

Is that a hanger of your own design?

3 Likes

I believe itā€™s trampaā€™s 12 fifties

Edit: well thats what his insta post said lol

2 Likes

Yes, itā€™s a 12 FIFTIES truck

3 Likes

Day of the dead :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Holy shit. Make this happen please.

7 Likes

1.95mm tall also so that makes 70/1.95= 35.9 or ~36
Meaning to make a full size model cell will cost $1.80!! (or free? idk contact space aliens for more details)
For some reason I was hoping it would cost more.

7 Likes

Ha! didnt think about making full dummy cells. Would have cost bout $60
Didnā€™t work for moliā€™s being 21.7mm.
Had some discrepancies between Alex and Iā€™s measurements to figure that out.
@A13XR3 was super patient with me trying to fit as many WHā€™s in my little kicktail thane build.

5 Likes

Lolā€¦ Its not mineā€¦ Its actaully a 3d printed swing arm assembly for RC car with herringbone gears. The build is calledā€¦ ā€œRAPTOR IIā€ (no iā€™m not making that up)
I screen capped it from youtube. Thought I would get some fun reaction. And yes, its functional, the shit actaully works even though its 3d printedā€¦ would be amazing if someone can scale this up for esk8 :smiley:

7 Likes