🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread_2020_summer

I honestly don’t know. Bought it on ebay three years ago as a generic blank deck unbranded. I do love the feel of it though even though it’s been the slowest of my builds. This unity has breathed new life into these meepo hubs though :ok_hand::grinning:

1 Like

@EreTroN, great look! What is that tubing?

2 Likes

Thanks. It’s EL wire (Electroluminescent wire) it’s very flexible and can be cut at any length.

Downsides are it’s powered by AC ~130V so you have to have a dc>ac converter.

4 Likes

I’ve been debating EL vs LED strip.
EL is a pain but I really like the consistent brightness along its length. Thanks!

3 Likes

Are you going to do the whole perimeter of the deck, or is that a single tail-light? :open_mouth:

1 Like

Where can we buy those bindings?
Love the size and simplicity Of em.

2 Likes

No, I will do the same on the other side. It will be symmetrycal to the one on the pictures.

2 Likes

Where’re you from?
I bought them for cheap here but no idea if they ship internationally
https://www.blackkross.com/hooksfoot-stop/15406-hooks-blackkross.html

Yeah I’m in the states.
They seem like a small operation, I’ll email em and see if we can work something out.

Thx for the link!

2 Likes

These rim covers are dope as fuck

5 Likes

thanks C:

2 Likes

Search for this:

DC 12V SMD2835 Flexible LED Strip Waterproof Neon Lights Silicone

Have fun

2 Likes

Now that’s more like it! Thanks.
It looks like the LED spots are visible from one side (for some versions) but not the other two. I think I’ll get both EL and LED for some testing.

1 Like

mmmmmmm

toast!

6 Likes

Neon Flex is what iv been useing at work for the last 5 years. Come down in price a lot was £45 per meter the 1st time it was specked on a job.

The down side is you can’t get a tight 90deg and it’s designed to be bent in one direction depending on with stuff you get. This is because the tape is sideways to the face that lights up. I have used stuff with a opake tube on top as well that can be seen better from the sides.

3 Likes

Thanks! I’ll check it out.

Im assuming that ya need two chargers of equal output for this to work properly? Or can you mix and match amp outputs?

1 Like

Well if you want another one, here it is :wink:

Im having a heated argument with my wallet about buying one of these :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Great push deck, I’d want to reinforce it for electrification purposes unless I was gonna keep it slow and weighed <170lbs.

2 Likes

El wire isn’t very bright in daylight like LED strips are.

If daytime use is on the agenda, I’d skip the el wire.

I have some I’ve experimented with a lot but it’s never made it into a finished product because it’s too dim.

2 Likes