šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

Secret is cross bracing and locktiteā€¦had less trouble with these than other mounts you just have to know their pitfalls thanks again @dickyho

3 Likes

The method I want to use is replace that pointed grub screw with a M5x20 screw that drives into a pocket through the clamp adapter and into the hanger so there is no change of it moving without all 4 bolts shearing off

But now that I have tried the BN precision hangers and mountā€™s I donā€™t think I will go back unless I am REALLY hurting for funds

2 Likes

Thats a stellar idea and one I am going to do now.

This baby is getting BN gear drive and trucks in a few weeksā€¦

Ideally you can get an M5 tap and use the threads of the mount as the start but that would be a lot of work and probably not worth it, just making sure there is some loctite between the screw and mount threads is probably sufficient

Inside bracing obviously put on after belt. Outside bracing is 2x 240mm M4 threaded rod covered with 2x blue anodized SS drinking straws.

1 Like

the holes arenā€™t aligned and I"m

tenor

3 Likes

Tell me about holes not lining up deeeeeeeeeexā€¦

9 Likes

I was talking about the motors :joy: :grin:

1 Like

beasts. fucking beasts.

4 Likes

Polish that turd potter.

2 Likes

Sandpaper/griptape
West System 650 epoxy
4 days cure time
Never move

1 Like

what deck is this? Looks like a skateshred bottlenose, which is an awesome deck.

1 Like

I honestly donā€™t know. Bought it on ebay three years ago as a generic blank deck unbranded. I do love the feel of it though even though itā€™s been the slowest of my builds. This unity has breathed new life into these meepo hubs though :ok_hand::grinning:

1 Like

@EreTroN, great look! What is that tubing?

2 Likes

Thanks. Itā€™s EL wire (Electroluminescent wire) itā€™s very flexible and can be cut at any length.

Downsides are itā€™s powered by AC ~130V so you have to have a dc>ac converter.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve been debating EL vs LED strip.
EL is a pain but I really like the consistent brightness along its length. Thanks!

3 Likes

Are you going to do the whole perimeter of the deck, or is that a single tail-light? :open_mouth:

1 Like

Where can we buy those bindings?
Love the size and simplicity Of em.

2 Likes

No, I will do the same on the other side. It will be symmetrycal to the one on the pictures.

2 Likes

Whereā€™re you from?
I bought them for cheap here but no idea if they ship internationally
https://www.blackkross.com/hooksfoot-stop/15406-hooks-blackkross.html