šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

Unless surfnacho pays me to redistribute them, these are actually just my own stock

5 Likes

I know the guy who made the first in the picture and the last in the picture, both working up to 150A cont. Actually the first died because of water ingress and so the last one was build better than the first.
Fets are thermally bonded really goodā€¦directly soldered to the copper strips. But soldering was a real pain because everything was floating around.

1 Like

Sure doesnā€™t look pretty but if it works it works?

If itā€™s stupid and it works then it ainā€™t stupidā€¦

1 Like

damn, here I was hoping you got extra of those so I could get one as well

1 Like

I donā€™t know whatā€™s more impressive, the huge battery or the workmanship after that many tinnies!?

3 Likes

Canā€™t build sober, hands too shaky :rofl:

7 Likes

How does this work? That isnā€™t the esk8 remote is it?

It looks like a garage door key fob lmao

1 Like

@PixelatedPolyeurthan @ShutterShock I believe itā€™s a simple screw in circuit with four relay outputs and a fob remote to control them. I have one somewhere in my stuff

3 Likes

Nice haha Iā€™ve got mine on my Maytech v2 now but thatā€™s good for other remotes

1 Like

Nope, itā€™s a separate remote, but I will try to integrate it into the esk8 remote at some point, this is the one I bought
ISK 436 60%OFF | GERMA Universal Wireless Remote Control Switch DC 12V 4CH relay Receiver Module With 4 channel RF Remote 433 Mhz Transmitter

3 Likes

That reminds me that I might need one soonā€¦changing to a Bruce remote on my monster. So gonna need light control. I think Iā€™ll try to make a small portable case with the head light screwed to the top and a similar circuit inside with a car booster powerbank

LOL. opened the link to see ā€œbuy again?ā€ pop up :rofl:
Guess thatā€™s exactly the one I have

Thatā€™s really really cool, thanks!

Wait, do you actually power on from the remote ?

1 Like

Yeah it has a built in switch relay.

Please share your wiring @ShutterShock

3 Likes

I also power on from my remote, but I use an external relay.

Edit: nvm, should read words on pictures more often

1 Like

Yep it does, and after I blew up my first receiver, now I know how to NOT wire it.

@Venom121212 Iā€™ll write a post in my build thread about it tonight hopefully, I have it working properly now but I was waiting because my first headlight bracket failed. Iā€™m using the relay on the receiver though like Plurf was asking

Triple press to turn on, triple press to turn off. Interestingly there is also a transistor switch but that isnā€™t strong enough for my use

2 Likes

Is it also a matter of using a series of clicks of a button?