šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

I didnā€™t either, but once I understood what was happening itā€™s clear to me that long phase wires are better than long battery wires. Intuitively though, Iā€™d assume the opposite.

1 Like

Yes, this is true.

Extra inductance [and some resistance] in the power supply wires make voltage spikes in the ESC worse, which means the ESC needs more capacitance, worsening power-on surges, and reducing the headroom on the power stage of the ESC.

Extra inductance [and some resistance] in the phase wires just helps smooth out the PWM drive signal and for the most part is dwarfed by the massive inductance of the motor windings themselves, making it fairly unnoticeable electrically.

5 Likes

Got everything wired all nice and purdy just to fail motor detection and hand motor test. That was when I knew one of my phase extensions came unplugged when I yanked it too hard.

I had bought a fancy 2:1 heat shrink y split (cable boot they call it I guess) and had to cut through it and all of its glue just to get to it.

1 Like

thatā€™d be awesomeā€¦ just please, donā€™t make the titleā€¦ you failed when you called them ultra-boards

I betcha buxā€¦ if you ran a criteria for an ultra-boardā€¦ being able to run on her back would not be the top choiceā€¦

4 Likes

I told you a million timesā€¦

color in-between the lines

:eyes: :crazy_face: :dash:

1 Like

who does your eyebrows?

thatā€™s damned fine quality!!!

3 Likes

The same person who gave me an ethnicity change?

1 Like

you sirā€¦

are a beautiful disaster!

k00k approved

5 Likes

all geared up?

5 Likes

New helical spur for a new gearbox . :smiley:

7 Likes

Fair enough :sweat_smile:

I was thinking the rules could be along the lines of:

• Image must contain a skateboard
  • Image must be at least 1MP large
  • You can not post your own photos. You can only share other peopleā€™s photos that you consider wallpaper worthy.
  • Tag the original photographer / link to their build thread
  • Replies go to this chat, if needed
  • Topic will be serious, so OP can flag photos that are jokes / not even an image

And we agree to try to keep the photos to high quality ones, not just ā€œI made a build, here it is in my kitchenā€

5 Likes

better than nothing hehehe

I would take a 4k wallpaper of someoneā€™s kitchen any day

4 Likes

Yeah, and a killerboard in the bathroom in 4k would be awesome as well as a wallpaper hahahaha

1 Like

With the owner operating the throne

3 Likes

LMFAO hahahha Yeahā€¦butā€¦i remember some of @sofu kitchen fotos that were pretty cool for a beginning of a new ā€œbuild garage areaā€ :joy: :brain::grinning:
Btwā€¦I work on my boards in my living room :hole: :man_kneeling:
so there is that hahahaha

2 Likes

Just imagine, a hairy dude holding for his dear life pushing a newborn-sized turd, all strapped up to his mountainboard bindings & stuff.

I work on my board in whatā€™s called in london ā€œthe only space you gotā€, aka between the bed and the desk, mostly both at the same time

3 Likes

Best single drive of the year.

9 Likes

What about a Funwheel? What about an ebike? How about a EUC? What about this?

LoL.z

3 Likes

Iā€™ll drive the second wheel with this.

The big motor is 36Kw on 115v the smaller one is 1000/2500watt on 48v

Big one is for a motorcycle but is going into an airplane. The smaller one is a Tuktuk drive being used for a tow motor.

I got the Tuktuk drive from a friend who is using them to make accessible bicycles.

http://www.geminusbikes.com/

Probably the only chainless side by side tandem trike. You can actually daisy chain them to add additional peddlers. Everyone gets to pedal at there own pace.

1 Like