Mars rover!

1 Like

Lol! Love that my thread is featured lol

2 Likes

It’s not them

Washington University are the folks who’ve responded

2 Likes

I sense you’ll be in the doghouse now :rofl:

I accidentally did that in my old apartment with polyurethane wheels, put two melted spots in the carpet :open_mouth:

1 Like

lol Echo Show 5

1 Like

Are we looking at the new driver for our itty bitty 5045 and 5055 motors?

4 Likes

If it can do more than 30 A for a while maybe, or a 4WD with hubs

2 Likes

I believe I saw that ESC before on the forums, somewhere in one of the diy onewheel threads. That user said he was developing it himself. :thinking:

Edit: found it on the forbidden forum: https://electric-skateboard.builders/t/onewheel-build-guide/80129/5
Image links seem to be broken there.

1 Like

LoL 4WD 5045 direct drive would be awesome with those

On the narrowest trucks possible

4 Likes

Even 5065s get pretty warm pushing more than 30A cont through them. I’d consider replacing my dual makerX go-foc duals in my 4wd board for some of these…

@b264 145mm Mini 3links with quad 5045’s :open_mouth:

4 Likes

mic_drop

3 Likes

Yeah, Called mini/micro vesc or smthn, guess maytech got hand on the files :man_shrugging:

If i remember correctly he used some pretty pricy caps and thick layers on the PCB. somehow I doubt maytech did that :joy:

6 Likes

Yeah, he said this:

Without cooling they run arround 20-30Amps, with cooling the mosfets can handle 120-200A. Prob needs alot of design changes before theese numbers are achived, and going to try to make them cheaper.

I wonder if Maytech approached him / He approached Maytech or if they got the files somehow.

Pretty sure he made the project OS. saw it on the vesc forum as well

Fount it! https://vesc-project.com/node/246

1 Like

Thats the one.

Look ath that PCB. its phaaaaat.

9 Likes

super THICC

1 Like

WAP = Wide Ass PCB

10 Likes

If anyone wants to make one, pretty sure OSH park has the PCB’s ready to order. No WAP though

Mini Vesc OSH park

1 Like