🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread_2020_summer

I’ve had those UV colors sitting around for a while. Decided to put them to use last night.
Also made a “love child” piece for someone on this forum

10 Likes

Oh fuck I didn’t know you blew glass. That’s way cooler. You ever throw your art in the are you artistic thread?

4 Likes

Naa. I try and keep a low profile. Been a blower for 22 years

8 Likes

@surfnacho I’ve spotted some more orange wheels :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Oogabooga :smile:

Lil dirty, but nevertheless HAWT

3 Likes

First observations (and learning steps) :

I badly designed the test stick so it altered the bonding on top surface. Also I forgot to switch 90° angle per layer so there’s that.
Carbon fiber effectively stiffens the TPU structure considerably but TPU retains it’s original softness under the skin. So in effect it compress easily and gets back into original shape.
With more than 3 layers per face it might become stiff enough but as is, 3 layers is a no go for rigid mechanical parts on TPU IMHO. Maybe at 5 it can get better. I believe difference with Nomex might be that epoxy hardens Nomex core while TPU doesn’t care for epoxy, it remains soft.

I need to test again!

3 Likes

I ride n slide those erange fuckers everyday… Ain’t nobody got time to clean sk8 wheels…

1 Like

Sorry, dirty might not be the correct word. More like scuffy lol. The sliding explains it

1 Like

and yeah, they’re really durty too!!!

:call_me_hand:t4: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :call_me_hand:t4:

So…umm…what pulley you using for those?

I think those have kegel pattern holes on the back side

Am I the only person alive that actually likes the yellow piss color of uncolored polyester resin? I just love that industrial, semi transparent look. I’d really like to learn how to make clear semitransparent fiberglass enclosures. I know it’s possible.

Fiberglass is a better material than carbon fiber for enclosures. Better properties.

3 Likes

I bet Bear likes it too.

5 Likes

4 Likes

Why bill…why

Actually i can top it:

3 Likes

I have both and the bondus are harder which seems like a big difference on the small sizes. On the large sizes I prefer the wera plus as they fit a bit tighter.

1 Like

Don’t you disrespect heineken. Go after bud light that watered down piss.

5 Likes

Heineken is bad though
Bud light shouldn’t be considered beer

3 Likes

@Flasher got pictures of Pelican R20 mounted to board?

That would imply I have a board for it :joy:

1 Like