🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread_2020_summer

Very nice, cant wait to see what you will make with it :muscle:

Whats this coating process called ?

1 Like

Seconded. Those black 5stars I have are super soft. Would love to see a wrote up for this process

1 Like

@Venom121212 same, if the process is not too hard it would really be a nice hub colour option. I dont really like the stock white colour.

Full tutorial:

Gather materials, I used Rit synthetic graphite, dish soap, vinegar, large stainless pot, water.

Fill up the pot with water so that your wheels are just barely fully covered.

Bring water to a gentle boil and then turn off the heat.

Add one cup of vinegar, a small squeeze of dish soap, and an entire bottle of 7oz synthetic dye and stir together.

Add your wheels and stir for 10 minutes.

Let sit in the hot water for an additional 30 minutes.

Dump the black water out and add regular water to the pot, repeat until the water is clear (this is just to get rid of the dye and clean the wheels).

Remove and dry off your new kick ass black wheels

Should be something like this :arrow_up: correct me if I’m wrong @Venom121212

3 Likes

How many PLYs are left in the gap on the Haya where you attach the extender? I am looking for a deck myself and worry it will break right where the extenders are due to the added stress.

1 Like

Its the Mov-E not the Haya. Will count plies when I get home. Not too worried about stress, this is being built as a barefoot board, never gonna see any craziness.

2 Likes

1 Like

oooh, why haven’t i thought about that. I hate that white color on the hubs. I loved the purple on my rockstar 2

are those fan intakes?

1 Like

Right on the money

1 Like

Are they different to water intakes?

2 Likes

I have a 12 pack of these.

1 Like

That rayne is pretty :star_struck:
What’s your truck and motor mount set up?
@rafaelinmissouri

1 Like

No Idea about water instakes, I 3D printed them.

2 Likes

I think its more about water getting inside?

1 Like

Classy job. Fair play.

1 Like

Yep, just rit dye following the instructions on the bottle and the lovely write up by @Anubis. I doubled the dye because it’s such a dark color I wanted. Super easy process and no deformation.

Would recommend.

Some time ago I had seen a mesh that they put as ventilation and that the water did not pass but now I cannot find them, you know who sold them

Thanks dude.
It is TB 218 baseplates with the boardnamics 220 hangers and the regular boardnamics mounts with the single clamps.

1 Like