šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

Oh Bill, when youā€™re at the Acropolis nothing is free.

3 Likes

$0.25 per ice cube is fair when Unicorn-Dildo Ring Toss comes gratis minus rack dues.

1 Like

@Kai While I dig the graphics, itā€™s an odd tribute since Hosoi is a devout outspoken Christian (legit no pun intended)

2 Likes

coincidentally, so is the guy that made my now pentagrammed coffin board lol
imma need some holy damage resistance equipment xD

2 Likes

I think it will work but will require multiple passes at very slow speed.

1 Like

Talk to me about that enclosure then.

1 Like

What would you like to know?

will hold a 12s10p or 18s7p 21700 config.

Clearance of 5.5cm on matrix ii , slightly more on lacroix hyper or 3DServisas finality.

3 Likes

Sounds generous and it looks tidy! Whatā€™s it made of, who made it and what does it look like from all the other angles?

2 Likes

more details to come, not willing to share everything yet as still making some mods to the mounting

3 Likes

Is that a TelTail Lighting controller?

2 Likes

No itā€™s the overly priced cheap feeling BKB/spintend remote lol

It is probably connected to the TTL though. I have one to do videos on Iā€™ve just been swamped lately with battery stuff and other things that have taken priority. Iā€™ll get to it eventually, plan to make several videos and show off all its features

2 Likes

No offense but no shit. The bkb remote is a remote, not a controller, the TTL controller is a controller, not a remote.

Remote and controller are synonymous to a lot of people

Some even call it a remote controller

Yes, that is the TTL control module

ā€¦and no shit yourself, tech shit

3 Likes

much hate on bkb remote! didnā€™t you test it? whats there to hate?
Context - I use it now, I love the form factor especially with bulky gloves, making sure thereā€™s no issues like disconnect.

Lol itā€™s priced at like $129 for something akin to the feeling of the old Maytech remotes

The plastic feels cheap, joystick is not a great control device, and the little red dong on it is useless

Oh and donā€™t even bother trying to use it with protective gloves, itā€™s like a slippery fish. For my hand size Iā€™d need some serious grip tape on the remote to hold it

Just my opinion though, Iā€™m sure there will be some people that like it but itā€™s not worth the price imo. I havenā€™t been able to test the extra features on it yet like light and horn control though, those are neat to have, but I wouldnā€™t want to ride with it so not much point in continuing to try and use it

3 Likes

As @ShutterShock already confirmed, that is indeed the TelTail Lighting (TTL) system. It is using the horn output of the Voyager remote to control the lights. It could also be configured to use the light output of the reciever, but the horn output gives more control options on the TTL side.

3 Likes

I use it with gloves, I think your feedback caused him to add the griptape. The big nub works alot better then a thumb wheel with gloves. That ā€œguardā€ is uselessā€¦ 100% agree hah

If I remember, arenā€™t the lights and horn control separate? Would you be able to utilize both of those

Eh it was other people in the beta group too

That is fair, but when I tried using it, it was way too sensitive for where my fingers bent in the gloves, but of course this will always depend on hand size

Yah idk what the point is

Youā€™re right, the Light and horn outputs of the reciever are separate. The TTL system can only use one but you could decide to use both at the same time by running one to the ESC and the other to the TTL.

For example, you could use the light output to turn the TTL system on/off and connect the horn output to the ESC so the horn is still controlled through the ESC.

Or, you could use the horn output to turn the TTL system on/off, change lighting modes, activate brights, and even control a horn through the TTL, then use the light output to switch on off some separate set of lights connected to the ESC

1 Like