šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

E85DC0BB-0AF3-4272-8A01-E8E81CF89068

Your enclosure is backwards! Why? :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Ah fuck someone finally noticed.

Was a mistake I made and noticed too late. Iā€™m trying to find a way to hide it

6 Likes

Oh shit! I missed this , oh no, this is awful. I had no idea. I am truly sad. At least he lived a full life, I Fuck! No , crap dam it . I got no words, fuck fuck fuck. Iā€™m hoisting a beer and a shot for him. He brought so many smiles an ā€œoh shitsā€ fucking hell why not a politician or a rich guy? Take Jeff Bazeos give Josh back

Holy fuck balls , his videos made me happy was binge watching last nite no idea he was already gone tungsten balls and all. Our loss

Rest In Peace skate legend Josh Neuman

2 Likes

Very tragic. He was very entertaining to watch and certainly pushed his limits often. Way too young to be goneā€¦

Was just reading about it - if the report is correct they were in a Cessna 172. Four grown men in a 172 will put it over weight, especially if they had any equipment onboard or anywhere near full fuelā€¦ Even in good weather that plane would be difficult to control. Flying an aircraft thatā€™s over itā€™s weight limit is no jokeā€¦ Really makes me question the pilots judgement.

2 Likes

That looks beefy! Link? :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Its just a 20" wheel, but i think it will get the job done :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Whats the story behind this? How come those are unevenly worn?

1 Like

Just testing if they would fit in MBS hubs, need a bit of persuasion and as results the contact patch got bowed a bit, which might even be good for efficiency, we will see

And the uneven wear is me doing burnouts on dirt with a bunch of loose rocks lol

3 Likes

I did as well. Works perfectly fine with VESC based escs. I did write up a guide as well in case somebody wanna try it too.

3 Likes

Oh wow i never realized tht so did you noticed any drawbacks compared to outrunner vesc setups??

1 Like

You can just use the wizard in VESC tool like with hall sensors. No any different.
Probably not the best idea if you need long sensor wires. You would also need to add a temp sensor if itā€™s important for you to get a motor temp cut off.
Definitely better/more smooth start up in terrain or on hills than with hall sensors.
Donā€™t wanna say startup with hall sensors is bad, just a bit better with encoders.

Edit: I did misread the question, the high lab is a downside. Not a problem with the proper gearing thou. Besides it, inrunner are very sweet and have a nice freeroll.

Edit edit: if encoder placed in the back of the motor you should try to keep as minimum 15-20mm distance between the pcbs. If no the one motor can influence the signal of the encoder of the other motor. Not much, from my testing, but better to avoid.

4 Likes

which motor is this with?

i was considering sss 56123 with an encoder for startup and running on vesc but i havent seen it happen much before

If your trucks are wide enough itā€™s a nice option.
The 56123 you can get in 220kV which isnā€™t too bad. With the front plate changed to a custom one with 63xx motor mounting hole pattern you could save some widths. I think thatā€™s what 3Ds did as well.

1 Like

so its moe stooge trucks so those would be fine

i was thinking 56123 230kv at 12s with roughly 1:3 ratio
would a vesc be ok with running that?

Should be fine for sure. Question is if all the parts fit together to make it work well. Powerful motors need powerful escs and a strong enough battery. On top of that this needs a rider that can make use of that power.
If one of that above doesnā€™t fit, itā€™s more budget friendly/clever to settle with something smaller that still fits your needs.

1 Like

the choice is those or reacher tech motors
i feel the reacher techs may be underwhelming though

Those are some of the more difficult motors to use, why not just a regular 6374 or 6384 with mounting holes that fit almost anything? It would minimize the chances for problems.

1 Like

I want to do a high powered 2nd build
Inrunners are a nuisance in this area but have much more power

I tape half dead boosted guts on stuff for test drives xD

2 Likes