šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

fuck yeah, rock on :metal:

3 Likes

Robot underwear skid marks, nothing to see here

2 Likes

I trust you change both sprockets and the chain when that happens

1 Like

I did not.

The chain itself got replaced not too long ago because the old one was all banged up and some links were stuck which I couldnā€™t bend out. Never saw any wear on it aside from that. I think Iā€™d burn though many 9T motor sprockets before the chain starts to show wear.

4 Likes

itā€™s your board and your budget brotherā€¦ and yeah the wear is understandable, think of the pinion speed and contact area

1 Like

This actually hurts

15 Likes

index

6 Likes

I did some googling and understand why you suggest that :slight_smile:

I figure esk8 isnā€™t putting quite the miles, torques, and speeds as a motor cycle. I donā€™t know the strength of bike chains so I may just be gaslighting myself if my chains are indeed weaker than cycle ones in their own specific useage however I feel confident in that.

I do have a drawer with meters of extra chain though so itā€™s on me haha.

2 Likes

iā€™ve used chains on a lot of crap for a lot of yearsā€¦ and when you see a pinion. or a counter-shaft sprocket that fuckkedā€¦ we swap everythingā€¦ think of how often than pinion is phukking up that chain, and then the chain fukking up your wheel gearā€¦

as you well knowā€¦ you have a chain drive esk8 and I do notā€¦

1 Like

If you fucks were any slower weā€™d have to water you twice a week.

5 Likes

Locos kick your balls into outer space!

2 Likes

you think itā€™s very difficult to do it, Iā€™m going to order some batteries and I was thinking of ordering one for my new mini remote, but I think I could take a risk and order an 18650

1 Like

not with a gallon of margis, a vernier caliper, Fusion360 and a properly motivated k00kā€¦ stay tuned to this channelā€¦

if youā€™re just going to buy the remote and cram an 18650 battery in thereā€¦

listen to @b264

1 Like

ok then i will buy a high capacity 18650 battery and pay attention to details, what is margis?

1 Like

iā€™m lazy tonightā€¦ premade :face_vomiting:jose cuervo :face_vomiting:margaritasā€¦
with :heart_eyes: :star_struck:gran marnier :sunglasses:

1 Like

I thought it would be a type of epoxy foam or some strange material hahahaha

2 Likes

EDIT:

i hope that made me laugh as much as you reply did to me!!

:white_check_mark:

3 Likes

I audibly said ā€œWhYYYā€ lmao

1 Like

No, definitely order a 14500 cell, not an 18650

You can thank me later

2 Likes

Bā€¦ I was conjuringā€¦ you ride remote in right hand, correct? what if we moved the wheel to the top like a thumb controlā€¦
that way itā€™s out of the wayā€¦ you have two channel controlā€¦ I can ride left handed trigger, and itā€™s simple to swap over to thumb?