šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

Wait is that like a compression thing?

Yes it is elastic ,itā€™s goal other than cause immense pain, is the get the scar tissue to adhere to the facia , I had a huge cyst from my crash, now fluid collects there because the skin isnā€™t attached to the fat and facia, it allows it to swell to disturbing proportions. It is very tight and I wear it unless Iā€™m showering or using the bathroom. It sucks and I will burn it when I can, Iā€™ve already had a second surgery to deal with the infection,I do not want a 3rd

Gotcha. I have to deal with some myofascial shit & scar tissue adhesions as well so I kinda understand.

Iā€™m also supposed to wear compression shit for unrelated reasonsā€¦ blood circulation & such. Never have tho because Iā€™m a shitter

1 Like

Unfortunately I also have a surgery drain tube sticking out that goes to a vacuum bulb, the compression on the tube exit is not getting less painful, the wound however is less painful than it was, I can not wait to get the tube out !!

I still got 2 or 3 screws in my wrist, permanent ones, but I had 2 loooong pins in my hand holding my metacarpals in line for a good 6 months a while back. When they pulled em out to check em felt extremely weird, putting them back in was the absolute worst. Besides when I woke up from the surgery. I was 16, so they wouldnā€™t give me any of the good drugs. Luckily, my stepdad(formerly, I beat the living shit out of him and kicked his ass out eventually) was a junkie and gave me a blue when I got to the car. I railed that shit straight off the dash and almost stopped screaming.

1 Like

Whoa hold on lol

I would love to talk to these people, rolling resistance as a empirical thing would be amazing to add to my wheel reviews

9 Likes

Looks like a group of LDP endurance skaters. Unfortunately they donā€™t really go into that much detail on their testing methodology.

https://www.brproject.org/testing

4 Likes

Do you know what the front and rear deck angles are?

Super cool

1 Like

Yeah I really like it, I think they just released it

1 Like

that ā€œfunctionalā€ kicktail really irks me. how tf you expect me to actually use that? but it does seem like a nice addition to the split angle category.

1 Like

Very interesting, thanks for the link

Lmao I am not a big fan of decks that have long tips, they look funny to me

2 Likes

its a natural weak point as well. i like mounting tails, for anti-wheelbite reasons, but they are naturally a structural weak point, and the longer they are, the more that matters.

Theyā€™re reporting a coefficient of rolling resistance of 1% - 1.5%, and 65W at 10mph means that rolling resistance accounts for 4wh/km. Sounds about right I guess? A bicycle tire has less rolling resistance than this though.

I guess I would just be curious to see their test setup.

I donā€™t think it would be compatible with our stuff, especially with pneummies, when I stand on it, obviously it will have more resistance than just the weight of the board

More space to spread out the load? That doesnā€™t make sense though, obviously physically a bike tire will roll to a stop sooner than a 70mm urethane wheel

Are your nails painted like a antispark icon? :laughing:

3 Likes

this also references your comments in the untruths thread, but, i dont think its fair to compare the rolling resistance of pneumatics vs urethane, due to the general size difference. im currently running 5 inch pnuemies; the only comparable urethane i know of are the rare tb130ā€™s, and those are much wider. with actual similar dimensions, im not sure how range or rolling resistance would compare.

Imagining what would happen if you just sent each wheel rolling down the road on its own isnā€™t relevant since those wheels have very different amounts of inertia, and the dominant source of inertia and load when theyā€™re being used is the rider, not the wheel. Rolling resistance coefficient is determined by, in broad strokes, diameter plus stiffness plus rebound. (Lots of asterisks there tho). Iā€™ve always been under the impression that high rebound urethane can have a lower coefficient then a good pneumatic bike tire, but maybe Iā€™m wrong.

1 Like

I mean, they must be compared if we run both on our boards

1 Like

Hmmm okay see where youā€™re coming from. It just always seems to me that with pnuemmies at our size and less than ideal pressure

Rolling inertia does make a big difference too, itā€™s part of why the heavy as balls eovan RF wheels have nearly as bad consumption as pneumatics