🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread_2020_summer

Yes as I really don’t want to solder anymore so the cables have to be that way.

Totally, doable but at this point this is the best path unless I divide the part in to 2, 3 canal parts.

Seattle, specifically Jefferson community center. There’s a one mile track/loop

How many poles do these have?

edit: Nevermind, it looks like 6 poles

3 Likes

Yes , 6 poles.

4 Likes

What about those exercise resistance bands? Some of them are really strong, and about the right size for an enclosure.

1 Like

Them are some beefy bois!

2 Likes

I really like this deck, I can’t wait to get the wheels I am going to use for these :partying_face::partying_face:

4 Likes

i like those silver direct drives. are those the standard hangers, or the steel? i got a busted, possibly cursed set that im probably never gonna touch again, if you need it for parts or something.

1 Like

These are the standard hangers for DDxls these particular ones did not have the same problem as the smaller DDs did. I am down to my last few sets of these DDxls 🥲 it’s a shame TBDDs are not very robust, because when they work, it’s such a pleasure to ride these. Atleast the DDxls last a while longer then the standard ones did

2 Likes

ahhh ive never even seen the xl’s. mine shit the bed twice in a row. one side inexplicably lost all its kegel pins, the other locked up on me and doesnt turn smoothly even by hand now. havent bothered opening it up, fuck these cursed motors, but i think a bearing inside melted. are the xl’s for pneumies or something? fatass DD motors powering lil urethane wheels doesnt make a lot of sense.

1 Like

The. XLs that I have are 60KV great for pneumies, especially in 4wd. But I am going to be putting thane on these. They are the same diameter as the smaller ones, just longer. The trucks are 240mm as a pose to 220mm on the standard one

1 Like

oh hell yeah hahahahaha. needs an adapter for these tiny hoyt wheels. i was running flash airless on my dd’s, swapped out for urethane to ride with people sometimes and keep my range, but the airless? aaaaaahhhhhhh so nice.

This is the set up. 14s 4wd… it just rides so nice…and makes 0 noise. A slight electric whistle when you give it throttle, but that’s is. And like 10-40mph happens in an instant

6 Likes

no one knew my dd setup was electric. not even analog skaters. it just made some very quiet whale noises. idk if it was just my set, but put em in hyst reverse some time and see if they make the craziest noise youve ever heard.

1 Like

Video or it didn’t happen

1 Like

i really wish i could take one but these things are fucked
it sounded like… a retro future radio tuning in?
or that weird hand wavy instrument uhhhh i think its called a theremin?

I really wish I would have enabled the wind noise filter on my GoPro for This video :persevere:

2 Likes

you can watch this entire video, which i do believe had the wind filter on, but i didnt hear them in any of the parts i skipped to. theyre that quiet. lol.

2 Likes

You can tell that deck was meant for TKP because the axles are way closer to the middle of the deck than you would imagine, looking at the wheel cutouts :laughing:

1 Like

Arguably better to have the bullets at varying lengths to reduce chances of possible shorts

5 Likes