šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

• design by CAD
  • measure with a tape measure
  • mark it with chalk
  • cut it with a torch
  • and kick it into place
2 Likes

What the fuck, is that some kind of gag gift you slip into your carpenter friendā€™s toolbox when they arenā€™t looking?

3 Likes

What deck is that? Looks like the ones eboardsolutions sold or sells? The enclosure looks the same but didnā€™t know the bottom was stained this way. Reminds me of those maya decks but looks wider tho.

2 Likes

Yes itā€™s the eboardsolution one. Comes like that

4 Likes

I saw it on imjur, it hurt my feeling so I figured Iā€™d share that pain with you guys :smile:.

6 Likes

Wireless powertrain?

2 Likes

Just flip the motor over and use the can as a friction drive, itā€™ll be fiiine

5 Likes

Hahaha what a pain in the ass tho

Iā€™m digging all the stainless touches. Stainless battery cover maybe? Or do you prefer your battery pack nude?

1 Like

It would be a good idea to cover up the LIPO brick when I use it. I like to imagine some diamond plate panels around it but realistically I already blind myself on the foot pedals when looking down lol.

I donā€™t use them a lot anyways. Figured Iā€™d charge and drain them to storage instead of letting them sit at 4 volts for another 4 months.

3 Likes

I am surprise how clean the cut looks, considering a rock did this.
It looks like the inside of shaft is porous is it normal for this kind of metal to be like this? Any thoughts @kook

3 Likes

I could only see a portion of the grain structure from the pik, but I can definitely see the original failure pointā€¦ the grain looks OK, my guess not being familiar with the motor, is that there is a stress riser right at the shaft step downā€¦ a fillet or chamfer there instead of a sharp edge would be betterā€¦ looks like a clean shearā€¦

but Iā€™m not a metallurgist I just pretend to be one on the internets

7 Likes

Stepped down? Oh so thatā€™s what that ring thingy is.

1 Like

Yeah, those can be difficult to remove on the SK3. Heat is your friend.

3 Likes

thatā€™s my guess

1 Like

heat and I use an impact driver and get rid of all fukking phillips head screws

7 Likes

oh thatā€™s a good idea but the head is scrapped I think Iā€™ll have to leave the battle harden

1 Like

This is really weird looking. Was this the first ride?

I canā€™t imagine how that motor is that clean after being taken out of service. All the crevices and cracks should be filled with gunkā€¦

the bearing shield looks clean enough to eat off of

2 Likes

Somehow not even that worked for me. The only thing producing heat was my soldering iron, after 10 minutes it still was cold.

Thatā€™s some dirty talking there dude.

2 Likes