🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread_2020_summer

Well it’s hard to say as I re-use a lot of stuff from past designs so it’s relativly fast
But starting from scratch that would take 10-12 hours I suppose

2 Likes

Please keep going, I really enjoy it every time you post a new build! :heart:

1 Like

send some gummies to harfang x)

Gummies could be cool but too thin and not wide enough :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Width may not be an issue if you double stack

2 Likes

Did you do a stress analysis on those? Would be kinda interesting to see, because the area where the bushings go thins up quite a bit. :slight_smile: Also they look reaaaally nice.

4 Likes

thank you! :slight_smile:
yes, i made a lot of simulations, and this design is probably the 17-20th iteration of the initial design, so don’t worry the area between bushings is not to thin

5 Likes

My very first thought was also that the area between the bushings was too thin

1 Like

Very cool! Would you mind sharing those? Would be totally okay if not, I’d just find it very interesting.

Just curious… But aren’t you worried of the plastic melting? I know that if you reach melting temperature, you probably have bigger problems but pla goes soft at like 50 or 60 C°

1 Like

Thats petg, and not really concerned about melting. As you say, if thats melting, i got big issues :rofl:

5 Likes

PETG becomes soft at around 85°C, which is also the throttle threshold of most ESCs. But yeah, you could run into very slight deformation in the summer.

2 Likes

Doesn’t Australia get real hot in the summer? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

You should make the top of the kingpins below the hangar so that you can grind on them

5 Likes

Haha yeah but fuck riding in crazy heat

@glyphiks What kind of supports sorcery is that? Did it come out as a single piece just like that?

3 Likes

Haha yep. It took a while to get it dialed and a fair amount of technical support from @Scepterr and the lads in the 3dp group on telegram, but pretty happy with where its at!

4 Likes

Check out concentric support top layers :+1:

1 Like

Man those balance wires look like an old school PCB with the big swoopy traces. Looks nice, no sharp angles or kinks in the wire

6 Likes

Ahh……the “good old days” of laying out the traces with Bishop tape and photo etching the boards in a tray in the bathtub. I miss them not! :grin:

7 Likes