🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread_2020_summer

Do we have a thread for arguing if it’s better to mount components to the deck or better to mount into the enclosure?

I love your work Jan, but this triggers me so bad :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Marriage

18 Likes

Captive nut

11 Likes

Like i said. Marriage.

6 Likes

Thanks, dood.

1 Like

We should start one. I believe there’s no doubt that building into the deck is superior though. :slight_smile: It makes servicing so much easier. If I want to tinker with the internals I just remove the enclosure. No need to worry about disconnecting any cables. No lifting a heavy enclosure with all the stuff in it. Nothing falls off. Completely hassle free.

Obviously the limitation is that you can’t have buttons/connectors/loopkeys directly on the enclosure. Otherwise you would inevitably have wires connecting the enclosure with the components attached to the deck, at which point removing and reattaching the enclosure is no longer hassle free.

4 Likes

But… what if you need to service the deck? :sweat_smile:

I’m just scarred, i opened up a bioboard once so that I could do a frit job on the deck…

Everything was attached to the deck and liberally siliconed. I buttoned that bastard back up and sent it on it’s way :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Wow, this is immaculate work! Great job.

4 Likes

Thanks!! Spent a LOT of time on this :smiley:

I’ve added an album link of the whole build process for anyone interested.

7 Likes

Thank you so much for all the quality pictures. The battery is damn gorgeous…
This is immensely helpful too!

2 Likes

Cute :smiley: Whats that for?

2 Likes

Also for @rusins for a single loaded hub ^^
He might be able to elaborate further (:

1 Like

I’ll make an update to my hybrid switchblade thread; basically I bought a loaded coyote and it’s a much better combo :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Kneepads will also be bought. Might also buy the bell super 3r as a second helmet.

8 Likes

I have both of those helmets and applaud your choices. Both are comfortable with a good field of vision. I hope to never find out how much protection they would actually provide my head though :wink:

6 Likes

All thanks to this forum.

Let’s hope they fit on the first try.

This too :smiley:

5 Likes

Sun’s out, guns out.
I have also put over 2000mi on those cloud wheels since purchasing them in April.

5 Likes

@glyphiks what wheels are those? The silver ones…

2 Likes

Prototypes from @Jaws

7 Likes

is this a website?

2 Likes