šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

You do you, just a remark I thought of. :smiley:

Damn, thatā€™s such a clean battery :drooling_face:.

5 Likes

While I donā€™t use fuses on the discharge path either, to be fair, it is 150A. If the fuse is sufficiently large and youā€™ve only set your battery discharge to 75A or less then it should be (?) okay.

4 Likes

What kind of enclosure did you use for the ThreeSix mini deck? And how bad is the foot fatigue from road vibrations when using it as an esk8?
I have one sitting around and Iā€™m on the fence about electrifying itā€¦Iā€™m considering picking up their drop-through model as well.

Thanks.

@janpom super clean!!

Iā€™d put a big ol layer of fishpaper between these nails and the battery, just out of paranoia

4 Likes

Thereā€™s:

• shrinkwrap
  • 2mm cardboard
  • 0.8mm PETG wall

I think Iā€™ll be good.

8 Likes

I see now. I totally agree :smiley: fantastic work man, you do such a thorough and thoughtful job on everything you build.

4 Likes

I have an enclosure being made, for now i have boosted guts zip tied on it.
Foot fatigue is significantly worse than with a wooden deck, but the thing feels indestructible, and its not so bad that i dont like riding it. Probably going to use padded grip to counter that a bit.

tkp4.PNG

What is it called when a nut is trapped as part of the design like this? Always like this idea.

13 Likes

Do we have a thread for arguing if itā€™s better to mount components to the deck or better to mount into the enclosure?

I love your work Jan, but this triggers me so bad :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Marriage

18 Likes

Captive nut

11 Likes

Like i said. Marriage.

6 Likes

Thanks, dood.

1 Like

We should start one. I believe thereā€™s no doubt that building into the deck is superior though. :slight_smile: It makes servicing so much easier. If I want to tinker with the internals I just remove the enclosure. No need to worry about disconnecting any cables. No lifting a heavy enclosure with all the stuff in it. Nothing falls off. Completely hassle free.

Obviously the limitation is that you canā€™t have buttons/connectors/loopkeys directly on the enclosure. Otherwise you would inevitably have wires connecting the enclosure with the components attached to the deck, at which point removing and reattaching the enclosure is no longer hassle free.

4 Likes

Butā€¦ what if you need to service the deck? :sweat_smile:

Iā€™m just scarred, i opened up a bioboard once so that I could do a frit job on the deckā€¦

Everything was attached to the deck and liberally siliconed. I buttoned that bastard back up and sent it on itā€™s way :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Wow, this is immaculate work! Great job.

4 Likes

Thanks!! Spent a LOT of time on this :smiley:

Iā€™ve added an album link of the whole build process for anyone interested.

7 Likes

Thank you so much for all the quality pictures. The battery is damn gorgeousā€¦
This is immensely helpful too!

2 Likes

Cute :smiley: Whats that for?

2 Likes