šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

In theory it should be a v6, and we will find out soon

Im limited to my s20 ultra phone camera

Dang it, im picking them in the morning, too late for me :tired_face:

3 Likes

Removal of components by designing a better system. Instead of just adding to over come the issue. Less to go wrong less matanance resulting in it lasting longer costing less to produce. Only realy pays back thro quantity tho as design time costs a lot more than a fan.

1 Like

Usually I would agree.

If there is a particular shape/size requirement though then it might not be possible to add a fan. Fans might also require a buck or boost converter to get the right voltage to run the fan. This takes up more room and adds to the parts cost.

You also need the mounting hardware and the fan needs to be added manually to the PCBA (which often can be 100% machine-assembled otherwise). This also increases costs and assembly time.

Iā€™m dealing with this exact set of issues right now with a product Iā€™m working on. Adding a fan allows for a higher power rating but increases size, cost, and assembly time. Or, the fan can make the unit smaller (if the power rating is not increased) but it adds cost. So many things to consider trading off!

1 Like

Adding large oversized mosfets and other components to produce less heat is also adds to cost and space itā€™s all a big balancing act.

Iā€™d mutch rather a well designed product thatā€™s balanced than a cost orientated one of x part is cheaper we use that

2 Likes

yup. rubber on foam, on rim. attached to custom hub. .

2 Likes

You already got them? :smiley:

2 Likes

yes lol, any in stock item on the hobbyking website is a next day pickup for me :joy:

10 Likes

I expect a model photoshoot of the ESCs by lunchtime thx

6 Likes

I am so jelly but I would be a platinum member if that was the case :rofl: :call_me_hand:

5 Likes

let me whip out my imaginary dslr and have a go at it :joy:

u have no idea how tempting it is to just buy from hobbyking instead of waiting for my taobao order

3 Likes

I know a couple peeps on here used to be platinumā€¦

3 Likes

Iā€™m not normally a fan of clear grip tape, but that actually looks really nice on the Bro :metal:

7 Likes

Wait a secondā€¦ That case is injection molded plastic, and that little heat sink is all the heat sink there is?! :joy: No wonder itā€™s so cheap. Those product pictures on their website look so slick I couldnt tell that the case wasnt metal!

I would be shocked if that thing can live up to itā€™s 80A rating with a heat sink that small. You gonna put them to the test Michael?

8 Likes

oh yes its just plastic, and the heatsink isnā€™t that heavy either

not sure yet, i think i ran out of amass connectors. need to dig and see if i got any left

edit: HOLY SHIT the hobbyking website for the escs are gone :fearful:
did frank wake up or what?

17 Likes

Is that a window seal on the enclosure? Do they hold up ok for you long term?

1 Like

It looks a lot like a window seal. This is how they came from @tomiboi , i have no idea about longevity

1 Like

POV: Frank found your square motor controller.

10 Likes

Fucking frank

3 Likes

Yeah, I used window seal. Iā€™d like to have a custom gasket made for them at some point, but one thing at a time. This seal gets the job done for now and itā€™s inexpensive to replace if it wears out.

1 Like

have you rode with them yet? how are they?