🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread_2020_summer

Yes it is, the 15A common port.

2 Likes

I’m almost certain that whoever wrote those specs simply confused MBS with MTB.

CNC Forged… Clearly had no clue what they are writing about. Kinda sad.

6 Likes

Yeah I think you’re right, the other profile shot looks completely different. Interesting that they pretty much ripped off the Shockblocks though.

I have heard CNC forged in the way that it’s first forged, then CNC’d to spec. Maybe that’s what they meant?

No way. It would be hard to believe even if this wasn’t a cheap copy of Kaly.NYC and if the specs weren’t full of bullshit.

18.9 Wh cells. Come on.

1 Like

Maybe they use pouch cells or 26650 cells instead? Kinda weird but not impossible since that’s what, a 5Ah cell? The enclosure looks kind of fat for a 12S4P.

Not doubting the BS, just trying to wrap my head around how these stats would ever make sense.

1 Like

Okay, I admit I haven’t considered going above 21700 and you’re right that it would make sense given the enclosure size. It’s still weird. I’ll keep assuming the specs are rubbish until convinced otherwise. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

those trucks look cast. it seems like on the left side they have the bubbles/imperfections from the casting process?

1 Like

No, they are CNC forged! Haven’t you read the specs? :laughing:

3 Likes

They could be forged with the motor mount area being CNC but that doesn’t make much sense. Also “mbs” my ass

Well yeah, stands for “My Back Side”

5 Likes

Never mind looked at the teaser vid, there’s 21700s in there. I’ve got nothing :rofl:

2 Likes

It’s not that easy to tell that they’re cast from some crappy images on their product page. Whatever you’re seeing could easily be paint/coating defects or any number of things

They probably are cast, but it’s technically possible that they’re forged. Would be pretty unlikely at this price point I think though

Point is, it’s not that easy to tell unless you have them in person. I would bet that even if the hanger is cast, the baseplate (direct MBS copy) is CNC

Also, for the record, for something to be forged CNC, you can literally just have a crappy forging job, and then CNC the ends flat and drill holes and it could be “forged CNC”

2 Likes

I mean, the bubbles on the left side are either a result of the casting process, or they’re poorly finished. Either way it’s a bad look.

Yeah this is what I was saying here

You mean the small circles that are barely visible? could be anything

Are we forgetting that there are other forged truck hangers out there? I’m not convinced until someone takes actually good pictures of it in person

At the end of the day, deciding between casting / forging / CNC is a big numbers game, especially at volume

Depending on what they have at their factory it might have been cheaper to do forged + cnc

You’re right, it could be anything, which is why we’re
:sparkles:speculating :sparkles:

Just don’t try to make it seem like the speculations are fact, “they look like” is different than “they could be”

in this context it’s one in the same to me as no matter what I say we don’t know what it is :man_shrugging:

If it looks like a duck and it quacks like a duck, it could be a goose. That things totally a knockoff kaly tho. I for one am more interested in the way the hanger seems to be bolted together, not welded, compared to mbs.

1 Like

My bad attitude against Evan aside (sorry again bro @Evwan)

Yes that is an interesting thing. You only have a few options, one is to weld it, another is to bolt it, and the third is to make it in one piece

We all know how the FlexL trucks worked out, so I wonder if they found a better bolting solution,

If they hold up, and there are color options, this is clearly the better option. Im a sucker for aesthetic options.