🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread_2020_summer

@Savage1 My maths says that’s 5 sets for a certain overlords batch of Demonseeds.

Gorgeous work dude!

1 Like

Not sure, I might be riding a couple of these bitches

1 Like

Not as good as you would think. The city hates the airport. They fail to maintain the taxiways and runways, they’re full of debris. So much brush growing in corners, it’s a fire hazard. No running water, even though the city water treatment plant is next door. New housing developments encroaching on the airport and people buying houses and then complaining about the aircraft noise. Pilot’s getting death threats, and the airport manager’s behind it. It’s all a big mess.

I noticed you sold the ESC, what one did you upgrade to? Ive been very roughly scoping out E-Dirtbikes for a potential project 2 years in the future. When I do embark on it, I definitely want to make a beast of a machine and noticed no real VESC options as powerful as the ESC’s out there. That one you sold had something like 860 peak phase amps

O_O

Upgraded to the BAC8000! 20s capable and a whollleeee lot of power haha. It’s the favorite among the sur Ron community and definitely the most powerful.

1 Like

no way i’m doing that update, it’s the “doesn’t allow to deactivate the gridview and the automatic tab groupping anymore” update,

The surronx controller can put out that much power?

I googled around a little but couldn’t find its specs

Give the browser “kiwi” a chance then. Been using it for 2 years? I believe. The dev rewrote a lot of code this year and made a looot of awesome improvements over chrome.

Here’s what you can decide in regards of the tab switcher

Has full extension support, built in adblocker, AMP remover etc etc

You can get it from the Playstore or from github. Dev also has a discord server for updates and help.

Nearing 3 million active users i believe.

1 Like

Hey my bad, like I said I was very roughly scoping out the components. I searched “Surron X Phase amps” and I got this as a 3rd result.

https://www.facebook.com/237987080144421/posts/860-phase-amps-new-toy-just-arrived-bac-8000-very-small-in-size-only-245-x-125-x/307174826558979/

Before even reading more I saw 860 phase amps and just figured that was referring to the surron, especially since on mobile the facebook picture is of the stock sutton X.

1 Like

I think the BAC8000 is capable of those amps, but don’t think the stock is haha. But either way, it pulls enough. It’s a great controller

1 Like

Lol he was talking about the BAC and that motor I guess

Those look super clean with that TPU gasket, are those panel mounted xt-90’s?

3 Likes

XT90E-M :smirk:

3 Likes

Yes they are XT90E-M’s

TPU gaskets were designed by @BenjaminF
XT90E-M Dust Cover by DuckBatterySystems - Thingiverse :love_you_gesture:

7 Likes

i need this. is there a link?

3 Likes

No link yet.
It’s just a prototype of mine I’m testing to see how hot it gets without a fan and what works best to spread the heat and not zap the LEDs (which hate heat).

It works slowwwwwwww though, couple of days for the discharge. DJI’s auto-discharge feature for storage of their smart batteries was the inspiration for this.

If I have a fan then it can be run a lot harder but I hate the idea of using a fan (always a bit of noise, draws in dust, needs to be wired in, needs a 12V regulator circuit). I’m seeing how far I can go with passive cooling.

I will definitely post again as testing proceeds. Right now this unit has no auto-cutoff, it’s just a load. But the concept seems to be working well enough that I am adding a cutoff circuit and ordering those boards soon.

5 Likes

I’ve used this for my kweld lipos and fpv quad lipos. It connects to the balance wires of the lipo and discharges to a set storage voltage. Cheap and super effective. Pretty slow tho…

For esk8 batteries, I either use a dcdc to charge my bike with the board battery or use the discharge function in the metr module.

Sometimes I use an electronic load with set cutoff voltage. This is the fastest way for discharging for me, as it can do up to 150W.

1 Like

Yea, there are some great low cost options for lower voltage packs. That Metr function is also verrrrry handy. :slightly_smiling_face:

Same here. I’m finding that my loads are in almost constant use for client stuff these days though. I also wanted something much better looking and I am unnaturally interested in heat flow and the cooling of electronics (something I do a lot for my clients).

This device was created to get a better looking discharger and also answer some questions I had regarding how far I can push passive cooling with particular PCB layouts and heat spreaders.

Part of me also kind of likes the idea of a slow, low-power discharge that just happens all on its own with no heating of the pack and that can be done anywhere.

3 Likes

They claim 100mA discharge current?
Is there anything drawing current on the back of the board? Those LED’s have 1k series resistors, drawing only a couple mA at most from the cell.

1 Like

Passive is always nice. I’d like to see your progress in the future (:

I like this. A set it and forget it type device that you can trust.

I found a picture online. It’s an array of big 15Ohm smd resistors.

3 Likes