šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

boosted mini deck. with how i ride and how i tune my board, i can do that anyways. the speed wobbles got waaaaaayyyyy too real with the surf adapter. im used to back end wobbles. i have learned to ride those out, long ago, and i usually just tune my back end in until they arent possible under regular conditions. but front end wobbles? fuuuuuuck that.

i still got the thing lying around somewhereā€¦ id trade it for a blunt and a beer, any day. i got a growing pile of stuff i didnt like thats been whispering ā€œsales threadā€ in my ear.

1 Like

Charging the board there is probably a lot less illegal than riding it.

6 Likes

That is different. I didnā€™t get speed wobbles, but only had them on a board that went to 50km/h so maybe not fast enough. To me they honestly felt more stable the faster I went.

I actually had a positive experience with them but didnā€™t like the look.

1 Like

how are your bushings tuned? it felt like itd work better if the trucks were tightened to fuck with really hard bushings. but, even with it set like that id still like more resistance and a snappier return to center for it to do what i wanted it to.

Sweet Sagan these are gorgeous.

These wouldnā€™t happen to have a 22mm square mounting profile available would they? Or matrix2 only?

2 Likes

I have it on a long board and get the same vibe. The faster Iā€™m going, the better it feels. Like riding a bike too slowly. Canā€™t tell if I love them or hate them.

2 Likes

Had the rear bushings fairly tight as the rear rail gave me plenty of lean.

i ride weird, id love the thing if it was a lot snappier, like if it recenters naturally quick af, but i have no idea how id make it do that. i looked into other surf skates but ehhh ill stick to my weird rkp setup for that feeling i think.

1 Like

oh also i dare you both to put the surf adapter on the back and ride around the block. i did it once. its HORRIFYING.

2 Likes

If I still had it Iā€™d try ride in reverse. Wish I thought of it at the time haha

At this moment matrix 2 only, but will make other clamps next batch.

2 Likes

@Venom121212 @sleepless

6 Likes

Counts. +1
But if you like that chiseled jawline the way it came you should start shopping for a full face.

3 Likes

i really like and really want the bell rogue. but its my off season, and i also need to amass at least 3 grand because reasons.
tsg is the standard and is halo EVO i think cool. i have been shopping, i just cant justify much right now cuz i have serious goals.

i want to record my rides, but i havent bothered, because i dont want to be a bad influence, so i stole this from the beach guys at my work today cuz fuck em thats why. lmfao

Look at downhill mountain bike helmets too. Theyā€™re extremely lightweight, often safety rated, and some wonā€™t break the bank. Thereā€™s nothing unique to esk8 that existing helmets on the market donā€™t already address from companies that have been doing this for decades, except if you want to look like one of Elonā€™s astronauts

1 Like

+1

Giro Switchblade has been my daily go-to forever now

3 Likes

yeah its a standout category. i want a tsg because it looks like a very easy base for helmet mods. past that i love the bell rogue, because its adaptible and looks how i want it to in all its forms. fox has a nice low end helmet, but on that end, i think the classic brain buckets offer more real protection, so id go for a thsnd or something on that style and price range. once work kicks backup this becomes a non issue, which starts literally this week, but for now i said ā€œoh look a free helmet they only got for insurance purposes im gonna grab that up for similar reasons.ā€
because i dont disagree with anyone who yells at me for lacking one. one dumbass dies in one crash and this whole thing could crash like dominos, and none of us want that to happen, let alone be that guy, and i will not be the one who inspired them.

Gotta get that MIPS baybeee
I love my Smith Mainline

2 Likes