šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

I have the cutoffs set super high. Thermal start at 95 and untouchable hard cutoff. Melt it away while I ride into the sunset.

6 Likes

Jeez lol and itā€™s never like cut out on you or anything at those temps? Surely the chips are like almost melting

Thatā€™s always the very end of my ride after about an hour of pushing it so I try not to let it happen for too long. Summer definitely has had a big effect on it.

2 Likes

Lol gotcha

To their point, that carbon looks absolutely nutsā€¦ in that photo could be forged? I doubt it but their carbon has always been great and having owned one and my brother currently owns one canā€™t complainā€¦ now about that priceā€¦ they are absolutely insane. No way those specs even come close to that price in terms of parts or justification. Maybe if it was close to a gtr price then I could see it but a one piece carbon board and enclosure doesnā€™t justify that priceā€¦ sorry evolve you have done it this time being as expensive as a lacroix

You ride a lot. When is it okay to ride half shell vs full face? Iā€™m going to only be commuting at 15-20mph, max 25mph.

1 Like

I donā€™t know dude.
depends on how pretty you are.

I am a beautiful motherfucker so I got to protect my assets.

but seriously depends on the ride I am going on an the vibeā€¦

I go full face more when I know I will be going 25-30.
I think it is pretty rare I go much over 30.

so full face on those rides.

25-20 Iā€™m probably going to go half shelf.
but it depends on the board.

with the mountain board I need to see down better and I donā€™t go past 25 so I prefer half shell.

same with the little kicktails. wanna see my feet.

in the winter the TSG is king because coldā€¦

4 Likes

Can confirm.

3 Likes

Nice

1 Like

Especially with guys like Bill around

3 Likes

I do.
I wear butt pads.
highly recommend!!!

2 Likes

I have a scar on my ass from a tree root. So maybe itā€™s time :rofl:

1 Like

Those the 9ā€ mud pluggers? How you been liking them? Honestly canā€™t wait to try them out on some trails.

3 Likes

nope.
the Tow Truck has the MBS 9s.

I have the mudpluggers on the haero I am slacking on re building.
have not ridden them yet.

they do look awesomeā€¦

2 Likes

so dude.
I thought I should also add.

your ride scenario will be very different from mine, possibly.

I am not sure where you are commuting and type of roads and trafficā€¦
so a full face may be warranted alwaysā€¦

I ride for leisure only in idealic conditions and mostly get to avoid traffic.
so that at least for me, opens up more the opportunity to wear half shellā€¦

2 Likes

Am I right to deduce that youā€™ve got your lucky hands on a Flipsky VX3 made entirely of fecal matter?

7 Likes

I love my 9" mud pluggers. The only issue I had was some thick soft mudd that just flung all over the place haha.

2 Likes

To add on that, I plan to design a low-profile mudd guard that can be 3D printed soon.

It does kind of look like coyote poo

3 Likes

looks great man a llittle bit as mine except the colour mix, what kv are your motors?