Remote for diy board

this shit is expensive. That’s why I started a whole business just to keep myself stocked on recent parts. lmfao

I’m not saying you should do this, but … a lot of people do.

I haven’t because the other is the slave that only receives signal from the master

uuuuh not me who already planned everything out

Thats doesn’t matter, CAN communicates both ways.

I mean it’s not that expensive if you know what to look for. I knew what I wanted but I had a tight budget

I’ll give it a shot

It just gets angry if I use the slave saying “they must have the same version” even though they do.

Thats a VESC issue, has nothing to do with the remote. Probably can communications is disrupted or broken. When you to the motor detection, do both motors spin up?

I do everything wrong. I have an entire room in my house devoted to esk8 and probably 30 boards. worth mentioning that it’s the biggest room in the house.

It’s most definitely a program issue. Because if I setup input while connected to the master I can just sect the slave through the input menu and then it’ll work just fine. But still no difference

1 Like

Where did you get the warning that both vescs need to be on the same version? Did VESC tool tell you this? And what were you doing to warrant the warning?

1 Like

No never said both. When I tried to do the setup when connected to the master and switching over to the slave. Using the can device menu I can select which vesc I want to connect to

The vesc tool did tell me this

1 Like

I’m confused. Did you do something else than physically changing the port for the receiver?

Nope

Why would vesc tool then tell you something? all you need to do is change the port, reboot the Vescs and turn on the remote.

I didn’t know thats what you were asking me to do. My mistake

Still no change

np. My advice would be to reset the Vescs to default parameters, redo the motor connection and the try all UART port with the remote receiver, while rebooting in between. FW doesn’t matter to the remote.

1 Like

If it then still doesn’t work something is broken.