Reese's Snack Sized | BKB Tayto | 12s3p 30Q | Single 6384 | FocBox | 90mm Popaca

Some after snack they make for smoking weed lol.

5 Likes

That’s crazy lol

3 Likes

I take it they liked your board. It’s really nice. I have to learn how to do the whole epoxy and glass frit thing.

4 Likes

Update

I made the mistake of using fine threaded inserts and guess what… most fell out after 35 miles of rough riding. Yes I used JB Weld but it still wasn’t enough.

Ive got course ones coming soon.

On the good side everything is perfect, beside the fact that I cant get it past 22 mph without speed wobble, and my brother was only able to get it to 18mph

@RipTideSports what bushings do you recommend

Im 150 pounds and 5’10" and the bushings are stock.

I like how well it carves, but thats about it.

3 Likes

could be if the bushings feel fine, that you got some sort of wobbles because of only one motor. So the lady is a bit out of balance, combined with riding rough terrain - maybe wobbles!
You surely can switch to harder bushings to eliminate the wobbles, but its not that carve anymore then…How fast do
you want to ride?

Ive gotten my other single motor board doing 32mph

I want to be able to push it to its top speed of around 30, It definitely can make it because it feels like it is still accelerating at 22.

1 Like

What’s your other board?

Long been retired, but it was a single 6355, 190kv
12s2p with lipos.

With a more traditional longboard deck.

Ill see what photos I have.

The spud is kinda short for high speeds (i love short boards for downhill tho)
Especially with you being 5’10.
So proper stance is even more important than on your old longer board.
Bushings will help a lot but be sure to check out Foot Braking, Riding, and Tuck Tips

1 Like

Looking at Deckoz thread my stance is very similar.

Im gonna try and edit my acceleration curve to be less violent at the top end to more gradually get to the top speed.

2 Likes

What i like to do for bushings Is Buy a venom bushing bag. Then you can play with different stuff. Then i slowly replace with riptide equivalent when i find what I like.
I have no idea if one brand is better than the other. I use s mix of both. But i try to end up with mainly riptide stuff just because they are here and part of the community and venom isn’t.
The bag is just really convenient if you like playing with your setup.

1 Like

You are going to have to help me out, I do not have time to study the thread but if you can take pictures of the bushing seats and give me the height of the bushings, i can likely recommend something that will be fun. Also if you know the base plate angles, hanger and deck width that will help also.

2 Likes

180mm caliber 2s, 50 degree base plates.

Deck is 9.5 inches wide

Bushings are 15mm high

The base plate is identical on both sides.

OK, so what issues are you having with the trucks?

When I reach 22 mph speed wobble starts and I have to carve out of it.

Ive tried tightening and loosening them and that was all I was able to achieve.

The pivot cups are so worn out I just noticed, could that be a issue?

1 Like

Absolutely. Pivot cups are key to avoiding wobbles. Keep the back truck tight and only loosen the front truck.

2 Likes

So you have any angled risers you can dewedge the rear with or a Caliber 44 degree base plate?

I have a 5° angled riser that I could use.

1 Like

OK, I suggest a Canon / Canon front and a Canon / Chubby rear once you install the 5 degree angled riser to the rear truck. Install it so the king pin becomes more vertical. I looked above but did not see your weight, just your height

3 Likes

Thank you so much

1 Like