RedEmber/DIYvolve 4wd build/mod for Barrett Junction

Think the long neck mostly is to make room for pneumatics and the drop. I have Moes drive train (gear) facing inward on the Xapham. But on the other red ember deck I have (with a similar long neck) I preferred it outward (belts). You could do what ever feels good.

4 Likes

If it fits it sits :ok_hand: if you’ve got no worry about the deck hitting the motors why wouldn’t you?

2 Likes

@davidbonde does it feel different inboard ?

The last time I had a board with this config was… a boosted gen 1 in 2015 :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

4 Likes

If it does (and I think it does - just cant put words on it and it’s a minor thing) I think it’s all in my head. Out wards just seem to appeal better to me. With tkp you should have more room for inward though.

2 Likes

Nakey.

Glass after sunset and tacos.

12 Likes

4 layers on the bottom. I’ll let cure over night and do 2-3 on the top, covering entire drop area.

8 Likes

Damn… Rip beautiful 44 hello RCE44… Just needs more cf then it would be perrrrfect.

RCE44 = RedEmber Carbon Edition 44 or Random Crazy Ex 44…

2 Likes

Nice!

I forget every time how much of a bitch this stuff is to work with. It’s like the crazy ex you keep getting back with even though she tried to cut you with a knife last time around. @Sender I don’t know how you do it.

13 Likes

You really massacred that deck, well done.

6 Likes

I welcome the communities collective doubt. I am more stubborn about making things work than anyone.

4 layers glass below, 3 up top. Using pigmented epoxy.

11 Likes

Its amazing that you’re like “I’m not even mad, I’m just impressed”

3 Likes

Is this not a DIY forum?

12 Likes

@Arzamenable Are you looking to water/dust proof this board all the time? What about making an air cooling top cover. Like a hood scoop facing forward taking in air at high speeds and vent out the back. Swap in the current cover when weatherproofing is needed.

1 Like

There is already a gap in the front of the enclosure and deck that would act like a scoop.

I don’t run Esc too hot really, but I’ve considered this.

Tomorrow, sand some more and another 2-3 thin pigmented expoxy layers.

Happy to post intermediate steps that look iffy, shit will buff out.

8 Likes

I’m also not mad, and only impressed. This is this shit we love to see. Carry on :pray:

3 Likes

I really need to see this thing in person…

3 Likes

You are close enough for a day trip.

7 Likes

I might git down there on saturday and putt around

2 Likes

I’m going to finish with clear epoxy just to be a dick. Call it “rat rod” style or “nothing is sacred”, I’m purposely not putting my fucking eyeliner on for y’all.

It’s wicked stiff. No longer creaks when you bounce on it.

I have a chubby unicorn stashed in Hawaii that I should cut up to use as a spacer to clean up the enclosure mating. Maybe BJ 2021.

16 Likes